FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Hey there, everyone! Back after a really long hiatus (just realized it's been since 2012 I last popped in here). So far, the dream of owning my own DeLorean is still a dream, sadly, but hopefully things will turn out well sooner than later. For now my self Sim character in Sims 2 has one of her own, even though its doors open like most other cars which is intriguing.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Welcome back...Hope you can get a real one soon
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    01395

Hi!

I just recently got my DeLorean and it has been a blast. The best is seeing the joy the car brings to people who recognize it.

I hope to get familiar with some people here and utilize all the info on the site!

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Hello all,
    I recently purchased a late 81' DeLorean Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. I am the 3rd owner. I have owned this DeLorean for about a month and a half, and I have been going through it to do upgrades and repairs, (It didn't need much) Because I plan on driving it!! (Isn't that what cars are built for anyway?) This car currently has just over 89,000 on it and runs great!
    I Owned an 83' DeLorean when I was 21 and the insurance company ate me alive with their premiums. Unfortunately I only owned that car vin 16301 for about 6 months. Now that I am older and somewhat wiser Its much more affordable to own and drive.
    I first saw a DeLorean watching BTTF when I was 5. (I Think that's how most of us were introduced to them) I was immediately in love with the stainless panels and gull wing doors.
    I was a auto / Motorcycle technician for many years before changing professions, so I do just about all my own work. I do however ask questions to the plethora of knowledge of the fellow owners, due to the uniqueness of this vehicle it does have it's own quirks and its interesting getting to know them.

All in all Owning a DeLorean is a dream come true (again) Looking forward to many years of ownership and enjoyment!

Any fellow owners in the North Carolina area hit me up!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Congratulations and welcome back to ownership.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Ahh..welcome back
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    2567

Cool

Hi Everyone.

I just bought a DeLorean (2567)from Ryan-S! I'm super excited about getting it home. My fiance and I flew out and were able to spend a couple days enjoying it. It should be getting shipped out today and I hopefully will have it in Kansas City within a couple weeks. I am excited to be a part of the forum and have already benefited greatly in my research from the massive amount of content on the site. Hopefully as I maintain and work on my D I can be of some use on here as well.

A little background info on me I have wanted this car since I was in middle school and came really close to buying one when I was in high school but did not end up pulling the trigger. I recently finished reading Ready Player One and saw the movie in theaters. Geeking out on that helped me decide it was finally time to check this off my bucket list. Been having a hard time falling asleep without the car on my mind since I decided I was finally going to get it. Luckily HBO has had all three BTTF movies on demand so that has been my alternative to counting sheep. I have also been having fun driving the Deluxo in GTA5 as I wait for my new car to arrive.
    Joe Morgan - Timelord
    Joe’s Datacenter, LLC

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by joesdc View Post
    Hi Everyone.

I just bought a DeLorean (2567)from Ryan-S! I'm super excited about getting it home. My fiance and I flew out and were able to spend a couple days enjoying it. It should be getting shipped out today and I hopefully will have it in Kansas City within a couple weeks. I am excited to be a part of the forum and have already benefited greatly in my research from the massive amount of content on the site. Hopefully as I maintain and work on my D I can be of some use on here as well.

A little background info on me I have wanted this car since I was in middle school and came really close to buying one when I was in high school but did not end up pulling the trigger. I recently finished reading Ready Player One and saw the movie in theaters. Geeking out on that helped me decide it was finally time to check this off my bucket list. Been having a hard time falling asleep without the car on my mind since I decided I was finally going to get it. Luckily HBO has had all three BTTF movies on demand so that has been my alternative to counting sheep. I have also been having fun driving the Deluxo in GTA5 as I wait for my new car to arrive.
    Huge congrats. I know the feeling. I was there just under two years ago. You've got a lovely car from Ryan and you're going to love it.

Enjoy the smiles.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Hello

Sorry I've never been on a board before so bear with me, My name is Ken Hudson and 3 years ago I bought 4606 with the intention of swapping a 3.0 and making it a California smog legal car. Well as of Yesterday the Referee informed me that I have the first and only Ca smog/BAR certified Delorean engine swap. I went with my friend Tyler of Deloreans San Diego. He has a stage 2, 2.8 and said mine was quite a different experience worth the effort to convert. He recommended I share my work with others so here I am, anyone interested please tell me where to post my work as it looks like most subjects are 6 or so years old. Short version: I used a Eagle Premier donor, built a new reluctor and mounted on crank pulley along with trigger, kept factory computer, injection and ignition along with all computer assisted sensors, relocated EGR tube to behind the cat and used 2.8 exh manifolds with factory stove box, relocated alternator, water tank, installed thermostatically controlled air box ( smog requirement) in water tank stock position, bottom end of 2.8 and a ton of little things. all said and done I'd do it again as I'm quite happy with the results. Once again I'm sorry if it's the wrong place for this... Ken

Welcome Ken. Theres a section called Customizations (or something like that) where folks who do those swaps post. Be cool to find out what you did..and be sure to post lotsa pics..we love pics.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast