FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    2723

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Great feeling, isn't it. Welcome to the forum.
    Sure is!
    mike

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by howlingwind13 View Post
    Sure is!
    mike
    Hi Mike,

It sounds like you need to join us at the Woodward Dream Cruise in a couple weekends, on August 17th. Several DeLorean clubs, including
    DeLorean Motor City, DeLorean Midwest Connection and DeLorean Club of Ohio (and a few DeLorean owners with no club affiliations) will be
    displaying our DeLoreans at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz dealership (on Woodward Ave) again this year, as well as making a few trips
    up and down Woodward Ave. We usually have between a dozen and two dozen DeLoreans on hand throughout the day at this event.

The Woodward Dream Cruise is also one of the best places to display our DeLorean cars, where JZD and the cars are really appreciated.
    It's amazing how many people stop by, to talk about having met JZD or worked for JZD when he was at GM. No other car event like this one.

Feel free to send me a PM and we will save you a parking space at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz dealership.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Hey, whats the craic?

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark and I live in cookstown, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. I have been a huge DeLorean fan ever since I seen one at the Ulster Folk and transport Museum just outside Belfast and of course from BTTF.

Recently I have been researching the possibility of buying one to restore. I have already restored a 1950 Bentley, 1968 Daimler, and few vintage tractors so have all the tools and equipment I think I need.

My uncle used to work in the DMC factory in Dunmurry and is keen to help me fulfill this dream and help me work on it. He worked in assembly supplying parts to the fellas fitting the doors. He has told me many stories about working there and how it almost seemed magical at a time here when you had to check under your car every morning for bombs!! He recalled seeing John Z DeLorean walking through the factory and how everyone thought of him as a god.
    It's great having a few pints with him in the pub when he talks about working there- he obviously enjoyed it very much.

I hope this forum helps me find a suitable car to bring her home to her birthplace and restore it to its former glory. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Mark

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Welcome.

The NI guys are coming out of the woodwork recently.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2410

New owner in Westchester County, NY. VIN 2410, Auto, 14,000 Miles. Purchased from second owner in Colonia, NJ. Car is getting "some" work done a JP Grady's but should be home soon!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyNIreland View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Mark and I live in cookstown, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. I have been a huge DeLorean fan ever since I seen one at the Ulster Folk and transport Museum just outside Belfast and of course from BTTF.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Nice to see so many new owners! Welcome aboard!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I guess I should probably introduce myself at some point. I've made a couple of posts already, and I don't want to seen as some sort of snob who just starts butting into conversations without at least introducing myself. I've known about this forum for a while, but just never got around to actually getting involved until now.

I've had my 1983 DeLorean since 1993; twenty years of ownership so far. It's been interesting, that's for sure. I'm a long standing member with the DeLorean Owners Associations, and I occasionally write articles and do other stuff for BTTF.com. Been to a couple of different DeLorean events; the first was in 1998 in Los Angeles put on by the DOA; Eurofest 2001, DCS Memphis 2002, Chicago 2006, Gettysburg 2008, Las Vegas 2009, and the DMC Texas Open House in 2007.

That's about all I can think of for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
    Last edited by martydmc12; 08-04-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Jason

Hey everybody, my name is Jason and I currently live in the DC metro area and work as a chiropractor. I've been a fan of the Delorean since 7th grade. I can remember using my free Juno email and subscribing to the delorean mailing list in the 90's Currently, not an owner but I recently set a 5 year goal for myself to own a D. I've been reading through the list over the last few days and its great to see all the information and help you guys offer to owners. I look forward to the day i can post "picked up the keys to my delorean today"

Have a great one!

-Jason

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Jason!

Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast