My VIN:    loading, please wait...

welcome to the forum!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Welcome Deloarean fans!

My VIN:    -- Saving money for one!

Hello,

I've signed up a while ago, after lurking for a while i decided to start chatting along I'm David and I hope i'll be able to own a Delorean in the future. I live in the Netherlands where they can rarely be seen. I've seen a real Delorean only once in my life, driving behind me and i just kept looking in my rear view mirror! Hope to learn lots about the car on this forum.

Regards,

David

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Welcome, David!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

hey everyone, I'm Cory. I've had my Delorean almost a decade now and have only had the pleasure of driving it a couple times. My dad and I bought it, after it had been sitting for years letting the mice eat it, to be our project. He never had the time to work on it with me due to non stop working. Years went by and it sat outsideletting the elements and critters further degrade it. It always tore at me, but I didn't have the means to do anything.

I moved to Minnesota from St. Louis for work in 08 and pulled it up there with me with images of grandeur. Alas, time and money wasn't on my side and could only do small repairs here and there. It was finally garaged though.

I moved to Columbia, SC a year and a half ago and put it in the garage determined to finally get the project on the way. Now with some money saved up I have pulled the body off the frame and nothing will stop me now from living the dream. I am building up my inventory of parts and digging in. This has been a long time coming

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

welcome Cory, im glad your D is finally getting the treatment it deserves!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Just saying "Hi!" and "Thank You" (Also, where to start?)

Hopefully this isn't breaking forum etiquette but I wanted to just introduce myself and say "Thanks" for all of the great information you guys share. I'm a huge DeLorean fan and am finally in a situation where I think I can begin to plan owning one myself (probably not for the next few years though, 2015 is my goal!). I've done tons of research, read these forums daily, and get more excited about the car all the time.

I've always had a love of DeLoreans and want to better learn my way around cars in general so I figured, why not combine the two in to a small project. (Nothing too crazy, don't want to start with an empty shell or anything like that, haha!) Hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy I can afford something reliable to drive at least weekly but with opportunity to upgrade and make it unique while learning about every inch of the beautiful machine.

For anyone who's made it this far in to my long-winded intro, when looking to buy, where should I start? DMC seems a bit expensive (in general and for what I'll be able to afford). I imagine private owners/Craigslist would be a good place to start? Is about 20-25k the price point I should be looking at for a reliable car that could use a bit of love?

I live in Florida if that matters.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

As a general rule you should always buy the best car you can afford. For $20-25K you should be getting a very nice, clean driver that should not need a lot of work. Your first thing wold be to get in touch with other local owners. They can be a big help in finding a car and when you do find one they can help you check it out. You might want to visit DMCF and talk to them.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I live in Seminole. I've had my Delorean for about a year now. You're going to get a lot of advice but like everything else you get what you pay for.

I think this thread is a great place to start http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?37...ull=1#post2886

I really like my car. I bought mine from DMCFL and I paid a little more but it was well worth it.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I think this thread is a great place to start http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?37...ull=1#post2886
    +1

Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast