FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Finally found this thread. I'm Antoine, go by marvins_dad on all forums though...my New Beetle is Marvin and thought that would make a good screen name eons ago.
    No Delorean...but I have the passion for them in me. I made it to the Delorean Car Show in Orlando and was filling my wife in on all the slight differences in the cars that were showing.
    I have a pal named Jai that has one...along with a new beetle as well (oops, just outed him, lol)
    Would like to get one once the kiddo gets a little older and salary increases.
    I am a Design Architect in Dallas...meaning, I am a registered Architect, but mainly work on the front end of the project doing initial design and visualization.

I found the $4k Delorean listing and immediately thought that the Delorean community needed to know about it, so I found you guys that way. Turns out Jai is a member...I remember years ago when he hosted a forum for Deloreans and I hung out there while it existed.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Is it a white beetle? As in Marvin the Paranoid Android?

And is that Jai from Calhoun GA? Must be. There can't be two guys with that unusual name that have both a D and a B. We had a tech session at his house not so long ago.

anyway, welcome Antoine.
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 06-28-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Is it a white beetle? As in Marvin the Paranoid Android?

And is that Jai from Calhoun GA? Must be. There can't be two guys with that unusual name that have both a D and a B. We had a tech session at his house not so long ago.

anyway, welcome Antoine.
    Yeah - Freaky/Jai is the one and same...great guy!

Mavin - "Life...don't talk to me about life..." - HHGTTG....nope, wrong Marvin, but one of my favorite Marvins.
    My Marvin is based on Marvin the Martian.

Here is his build thread...http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-n...gcc-002-a.html

Also, attached some pics...you might recognize the guy that came to visit Marvin in one of the pics.
    Attached Images

My name is Sandy Parker from U.K

My VIN:    Future owner

Hi all, I'm Natalie from Kansas, future DeLorean owner. I'm apparently one of the few lady DeLorean enthusiasts out there, so I guess that makes all you gentlemen my passenger-side seat covers. I'm a musician and artist, married, collect cats, 30 years old, and tend to be eccentric. I guess you could call me a selective gearhead- I'm really only willing to get under the hood for a D or my '86 Mercedes Benz 190E (love those 80's cars); I'm not screwing up my nails for a freaking Corolla. Anyway, now that I sound thoroughly silly, I hope to get to know you all and maybe meet in person someday!

In other news, can anyone direct me to any local DMC clubs? I plan to purchase within a couple years, it would be nice to know some of the fellow DMC community ahead of time.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Natalie!

Welcome to the world of stainless!

I'm sure that there are some nearby owners near you.

My VIN:    Future owner

Glad to meet you, Chris! There was a guy about three blocks away from where I grew up that had one sitting in his driveway up on bricks for the better part of 20 years. When I first started driving in high school, I would take the long way home every single day just so I could be a creeper and look at that poor, sad, neglected D and wish it were mine. I just drove by a couple years ago and I think they've moved, and I wonder if he took it with him or sold it. I know there's got to be some other owners around here somewhere, because one of the import/classic car dealerships sells a few of them every year.

My VIN:    Previous owner of VIN #3218

Hi Guys,

I'm Jason, previous owner of #3218 and just joined dmctalk. I lost the car in an accident 22 years ago and planning on buying another one soon. A added a bit more about #3218 and why I joined to the following thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?64...cked-DeLoreans

Best, Jason
    J.Randall

I used to own a DeLorean! Sadly it was totaled in 1990, planning on getting another soon...
    VIN #3218 / AUG '81 / Grey Interior/ Automatic / Grooved No-flap

Hi, everyone -- I'm Brian Henderlong, and although I'm not yet an owner, I've been a serious fan of the DeLorean car for over 15 years now. I'm well-known as "The DeLorean Guy" amongst my work colleagues, circle of friends, and family. I produce and direct TV commercials in West Central Florida.

I discovered the DeLorean Mailing List in 1996 (I guess not long after it started?), when I worked overnights at a radio station in the Tampa Bay area. I had always thought of DeLoreans as an unattainable exotic car, but after reading the DML for a few nights, I realized that real people could actually afford and enjoy them -- and I was suddenly, thoroughly, and completely addicted. At the time, DeLoreans were quite attainable ($15k for a decent runner, IIRC), so I set my sights on getting one after college.

I participated regularly in the DML, joined the DeLorean Owners Association, and started my own website for photos of "Painted DeLoreans" (though I took it down years ago). I even attended a couple of club meetings up in Georgia. And a local friend, Walter Coe, was gracious enough to LET ME DRIVE his DeLorean all the way up to Georgia for one of those meetings -- what a fun road trip!

In my 20's I made some stupid mistakes with my money (bought a few cars that weren't DeLoreans -- what an IDIOT!!), and never quite raised the funds to buy one. I guess that's what you get for taking your eyes off the prize! And in my 30's I got married, bought a house, started a family, and focused on my career... so over time, I had quit participating in the DML & the DOA. I even skipped going to the DCS in Orlando this year, because I knew I'd just be "window shopping". The DeLorean dream is still alive in me, though!

I'll turn 40 this year, and though I don't have the money to buy one now, I'm always looking at life through a DeLorean filter... so it's just a matter of making smart financial decisions and being patient.

I appreciate all the knowledge everyone shares on this forum, and hope to participate much more in the coming months. Someday I'll be able to finally post my "I finally got one!" story!

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

welcome Brian!

my interest in DeLoreans started around the same time yours did... the mid-nineties. its been over 15 years, but im finally getting closer to ownership. this forum is a great place for information, camaraderie, and keeping "The Dream" alive. good luck in your quest!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast