FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    Another newbie here. Always liked D's and after working on old Chevys for awhile, I am thinking of maybe going the Delorean route. Forums like these always prove to have loads of great info, so I figured this would be a great place to start. Thanks for making a great site!
    Chevy's and D's

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Welcome aboard!!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Chevy's and D's

Anyone around here a big fan of John Delorean's other car, the GTO? Its funny to say that as most GTO owners think of the DMC-12 as the other Delorean car.

Anyone around here a big fan of John Delorean's other car, the GTO? Its funny to say that as most GTO owners think of the DMC-12 as the other Delorean car.
    There are two...
    Attached Images

Nice goat. Always was partial to the 69 myself.

Pretty incredible how different these two cars are and yet from the same man.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I am a HUGE GTO fan. My next dream car is an orbit orange, 4 speed, 1970 GTO Judge. I've been in love with the car ever since I saw it in the movie "Dazed and Confused" over a decade ago. It's in the opening scene. Something about the song "Sweet Emotion" playing right as the car is pulling into the parking has stuck with me forever.

This is the shot:

Here's the scene:

(37 seconds is where the shot opens up )

The only thing about it is that I do not want the vinyl top. This car is picture perfect to me:

Good lord I love this car...
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 09-30-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    The only thing about it is that I do not want the vinyl top. This car is picture perfect to me:

Good lord I love this car...
    A Judge is a fine automobile. I love going to car shows and there is always a group of GTO drivers peeling out at the end of the day.

Yeah I am not big on Landau roofs. My father-in-law is working on an old Camaro with one. I am begging him to remove, but he wants to keep it original.

Hi everyone!
    My name is Brian and I'm a deloreanaholic
    I just bought a Delorean last weekend! I have wanted one since I was 12 and first saw one in person. After spending the majority of my youth trying to convince my parents it would be a good first car (to which they did not agree) 17 years later I finally got one! I'm sure I'll be on this forum quite a bit. I live in Elk grove CA (south of Sacramento), I would love to meetup with other enthusiasts!
    photo (3).jpg

Nice goat. Always was partial to the 69 myself.

Pretty incredible how different these two cars are and yet from the same man.
    At the risk of being a nitpicker, in all fairness the GTO and the DMC-12 cannot be fully attributed to JZD. The GTO, was a Tempest, and he simply dropped a larger engine in it (as an executive) he didn't design it. He just unwittingly started the muscle car movement. Which is still cool. The Delorean, was designed by Italdesign, and has its very distinctive look. His contributions were simply the mandates in its construction. SS skin, gullwing doors, and a parcel shelf.

Don't get me wrong though, still love both cars, and they would not be arround without his contribution.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 11-05-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    1-800-273-8255

Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast