FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I've found this article once of a Russian woman who wanted a DeLorean. She got 2 in the end ...

http://www.bttf.com/forums/Back+to+t...s+Birthday.htm

I assume you're one of these 2 guys?

By the way, welcome in the DeLorean world!
    Yes, man! One of those two was the DMC-12 you can see on the photos posted by me =)
    Regarding the ask to post some photos with famous landmarks - it's a bit complicated, as far as we live not in Moscow, but in province, so it's quite difficult to get to the capital in winter, especially with DeLorean
    Thanks for warm welcome, guys! ;-)

Volvo mechanic level 3

My VIN:    No Delorean yet :(

Hi to you all :)

Hi, I thought I might introduce myselfe
    My name is Adrian, and I live in Norway, and I am a Volvo Mechanic I don't own a delorean yet, but at some point I wil, I'we been in love with it since I first saw it in 1990 but I have always felt it was out of my reach, it's expencive, and parts werent always awailable, atleast not here in norway, I belive there are 4 in the country, I may be wrong thoug

Anyway, I'm atempting to save up enough mony to import one form the US only real problem I have right now is the worst kind of problem. The wife doesn't want me to get one

Althoug I love it and now a lott about it, I still have not ben able to convince hear to like it.... god knows what's wrong whit hear lol
    SO I'm wondering, has anyone else faced this problem? And does anyone have any good ideas on how to convince a woman to like the Delorean?

I would also like to thank you for keeping this forum running it's got som realy good info, and makes for a grate read

PS: Pleace excuse my pour English gramar

My VIN:    16619

Welcome!

Tell her Delorean is similar to Volvo (the PRV-6 is in several older model volvos and developed with Volvo), so it is practice and investment in your skills to get delorean!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Welcome Adrian

it can be hard to convince someone about your passion. Definitely mention that it is Volvo powered and that you would be able to do a lot of the work yourself. Once you buy the car, it should not lose value, unlike a modern car.

I think there are at least 10 in Norway.

There is even a club and website

http://www.home.no/delorean/

perhaps there is one near you that you (and your wife) could see.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

The obvious solution is to get rid of the wife
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My VIN:    3299

Best thing you could do is to get with the Norway Club at the link Dangermouse provided, and get some facetime with the car. If your wife could come with you, see the club and the cars, that would probably help a lot, especially knowing there are other owners in the area with cars that could help you if you get stumped. Nice that DMC-Europe is located over there too!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Volvo mechanic level 3

Thank you guys

All good sugestions

A friend of mine has a neighbour who has one, he said he would arange for me to come see it, maby even test drive it, suposedly it is the most mint one over here so that wil be good

I'we told hear about the engien bit, and that it wil only increse in walue, I think the issue is that she doesn'r feal safe whit me driving an old car she told me that I was not aloud to drive a car older then the 2000's but then i couldn't stop laughing lol

It's not like I need a sensible car either, we already have a 2013 Volvo V40 that we take when we go places, I would only use it on short trips, and the ocational track day to show it off, but I wouldn't want to take it to the track, I do that whit the car I havce today, but I don't think I would have the heart to drive it like an idiot, even if I knew nothing would go wrong.

Thaks again

PS: wil post pics if I get to se my friends neigbhours Delorean

Volvo mechanic level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LordFly View Post
    The obvious solution is to get rid of the wife

I know right <? lol only problem is I'we grown quite fond of hear

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Welcome buddy,
    When you buy the DeLorean have a new pair of shoes she wants or a Gucci bag in the passenger seat.

Then you poit at the Delorean saying "this is for me"
    and point at the Gucci Bag "and this is for you"

Hell, spending +$20K for a DeLorean, will not hurt you to add another $600 for her bag to keep her happy too right?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    6125

Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast