FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by JRNY13 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I've been a long-time lurker on this site and short-time member. Today, I finally acquired my dream car. It's an '81, grey, 5-speed, grooved hood, no flap, Oct '81 build, VIN 5757. It has 32k miles and runs great. It's overwhelming to say the least. I'm feeling extremely satisfied but also feel a hinge of anxiety. I'm sure many of you can relate to the sensation. I'm 29 and have wanted the car since I was about 14. I'm very much looking forward to the days ahead and know what a wonderful resource this forum is.

My VIN:    5757

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Welcome, good vin. What's the background on the car, where's it from where did you acquire it from?
    I'm the 5th owner. It was originally sold in Syracuse. I live in central Mass and acquired it from an owner about 30 minutes from home. The owner has 3 DeLoreans, including the screen-used, part III car. It needs a couple things but was well taken care of.

My VIN:    887

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hi there! I just purchased VIN 887 over the weekend. I'm still waiting on Toby and DMC Northwest to get it all finished up for me so I can drive it.

I like to tinker with digital electronics, and I have my own laser cutter which I will likely use to cut some custom parts for my car at some point. Here are a few things I've made so far with it:
    https://plus.google.com/114559168736...ts/g3aiXitzv3L

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Welcome J and J (I assume)

Good times ahead
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

New Owner of 4805

Greetings all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I purchased 4805 from the original owner who bought it new from the San Antonio dealer back in '81. She was in a storage unit and last time she was inspected and tagged was in 2006. Covered in dust and some minor dings but in relatively good shape.

As soon as I purchased her, she was picked up by DMCH and has been there for the last month awaiting her turn finally getting some attention. The fuel tank was a mess but is now cleaned up and contains the updated fuel pump and baffles. Previous owner's son-in-law and friend had decided to try an crank her about two years ago effectively destroying all the injectors but the fuel distribution system managed to survive. Once they got her running, they did their '30k Maintenance' which included fluids, plugs, wires, rotor, etc. Also had the water pump replaced and all the hoses under the intake replaced so we don't have to go back into that mess.

I hope to get her today or Monday at the lastest and begin the work I can do. We suspect the brakes will need a full going through and I anticipate a few cooling hose problems will rise to the surface as well.

This car has the grey interior and it is in very good shape with the exception of the dash being cracked. Original owner's manual and appearance kit was still with the car. Currently the car has just over 15,000 miles.

I have been reading a lot of the post here and educating myself on the benefits, pains and costs of owning this very special car. I get a lot of 'Are you gonna put a flux capacitor in it?' as expected. I do not see me doing that. I'm thinking it will remain as JD had wanted it to.

More to come!!!

Rusty

My VIN:    16245

Awesome.. congrats! Take your time, read up and enjoy.
    Q: How do you make a small fortune restoring a DeLorean?
    A: Start out with a large fortune!

Vin 16245 (83, 5sp Blk) aka Stinky

Congratulations, get some pics up when you get time.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

Congratulations!

Where this D is now located?

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Cool I'm Luigi. I've got a computer shop, And now a DeLorean!

Hello to all!!! I'm Luigi and I am the VERY proud owner of Vin 10588, a December / 81 built 1982 beauty. There's work to be done, but with 17,000 (what I believe to be actual) miles on the clock, and a working angle drive (already have the new one waiting to be installed) I'm SUPER excited.

I purchased the car to be my daily driver, and to run computer calls in (I own Pleasure Point Computers in Santa Cruz, Ca), and even the purchase was a story! I rented a car, and drove 650 miles south with my beautiful girlfriend (tolerant/patient too!) picked up the car and drove it 3 hours south to San Diego, spent the night with my hospitable brother, and then drove an hour north to DMC California and got some mechanical goodies, and a tour of their beautiful shop. Cameron and the crew were very kind to an excited spaz such as myself. I then took the car to get tires as mine were weather checked, and after the tire expert comes back to me he says

"holyhell. You drove on those??"
    Me: "ya, for like 4 hours"
    Tire guy: "Dude, I read the date code on the tires and they're like 30 years old."
    Me: "....interesting"
    Tire expert: "let me do a quick google search...dirkadirka.... Yup those are factory tires"
    Me: "like what the car shipped with??"
    Tire rasta: "Ja mon"

I thought about saving at least one but after he took them off, they kinda were no more and not worth it. We took the car to Disneyland, Legoland, and all around, then back to the Cruz. ....600 miles away, in an unknown car, over the grapevine, possibly in traffic, THEN in the WINDSTORM through downtown LA, a freakin palm tree FALLS in front of my car missing it by a foot. A FOOT. oh, I'm in the fast lane of the freakin freeway. Perfect palm tree placement, yes? I stopped, got out of my car (stupid) and checked to make sure I could go around, I do, the Camry behind me doesn't, stops, and creates over an hour of backup. Oops

I drive up, no problems... It rains a little... No problems....

....it gets dark, I have no dash lights, but no problems.

I get home. Safe. Happy. Excited. Exhausted. Oh, and 3 days later I fly to the Dominican Republic for vacation, which is where I write this to you all, feet in the sand, but missing my car

This... Is the beginning of my story.

TLDR: I own 10588, got home safe, now in DR.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearbacon View Post
    This... Is the beginning of my story.

TLDR: I own 10588, got home safe, now in DR.
    Welcome to DeLorean ownership, Luigi.

Congrats on surviving a highway trip on the original Goodyear NCT tires. Smart move to replace them, too.

After you get back home we'll hope to see you and 10588 on the local highways around here.

Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast