FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Welcome "Marty" and Jason.

Where are you located "Marty"?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by martydmc12 View Post
    I guess I should probably introduce myself at some point. I've made a couple of posts already, and I don't want to seen as some sort of snob who just starts butting into conversations without at least introducing myself.
    Marty

...Jump right in!

HiI my name is skip and I'm an ..oops wrong club Volvo connection

My name is Skip, I'm from upstate NY and have mis-spent my middle age disemboweling Volvos.

As I understand it we share the PRV V6,or at least some parts of them.

The Volvo guys cant run away from the v6 fast enough, they have the bad oiling memories and cant get past them.

So, if you don't mind I'd like to share whatever V6 parts and manuals I get with you.

I also enjoy the DMC enigma, and will stop to chat with any drivers I find in my travels.

Thanks

My VIN:    16943

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Welcome Bill.

Is your car running?
    Thank You sorry for the delayed response and I am not familiar with forums. I did get it running off of a gas can. I am in the process of cleaning fuel system.

Bill

Hello DMCtalk community,
    I am pleased to join your group and am looking to learn. First a little about myself and car history. I am a senior in college and will graduate in December with a degree in electrical engineering. I am working part time as an intern as I finish up school. My first car was a 1991 Camaro convertible RS, seen in my profile pic. My next purchase was a 1999 Buick Century, which was my winter car. The fall of my senior year in high school, I sold the 1991 and picked up a 1995 Camaro Z28 with a 6 speed manual. Up until last year, these were my main cars. I sold both of the cars to pick up a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt for a commuter car. It's a base LS XFE. It works great for what it is, however, I'm looking for a summer car again. This is where the Delorean comes in. I've always been a fan, but never had the resources. I'm looking to purchase within the next year as my summer car. Since winter is approaching, it will probably be in the spring. I'm south of the Twin Cities. My main concern is, would this be the right car for me? I've been to DMC Midwest and seen and sat in one in person, but have never been able to drive one. I'm looking for the help of any MN members if they could show me their car, point out quirks, let me know what to look for, maybe even let me take it for a spin around the block. I look forward to joining you in ownership soon. Let me know if you have anymore questions about me!

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo426 View Post
    Hello DMCtalk community,
    I am pleased to join your group and am looking to learn. First a little about myself and car history. I am a senior in college and will graduate in December with a degree in electrical engineering. I am working part time as an intern as I finish up school. My first car was a 1991 Camaro convertible RS, seen in my profile pic. My next purchase was a 1999 Buick Century, which was my winter car. The fall of my senior year in high school, I sold the 1991 and picked up a 1995 Camaro Z28 with a 6 speed manual. Up until last year, these were my main cars. I sold both of the cars to pick up a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt for a commuter car. It's a base LS XFE. It works great for what it is, however, I'm looking for a summer car again. This is where the Delorean comes in. I've always been a fan, but never had the resources. I'm looking to purchase within the next year as my summer car. Since winter is approaching, it will probably be in the spring. I'm south of the Twin Cities. My main concern is, would this be the right car for me? I've been to DMC Midwest and seen and sat in one in person, but have never been able to drive one. I'm looking for the help of any MN members if they could show me their car, point out quirks, let me know what to look for, maybe even let me take it for a spin around the block. I look forward to joining you in ownership soon. Let me know if you have anymore questions about me!
    Welcome to the forum! I lived in the Minneapolis area up until March of 2012. You should definitely connect with the MN club, I know they had a large event 2 weeks ago at an apple orchard and had a couple people come out who wanted to learn more about the cars.

Here is a link to their yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mndmc/info
    MN Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/DeloreansOfMinnesotaClub
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3425

Hi, I'm new to DeLorean's world. I already posted in the technical discussion because of an electrical problem on my D. I did'nt know there was an introduction thread.
    Probably like many of you, I realized a dream by owning a DeLorean. I did'nt fell in love with the car because of the movie but for the car itself. I like it cause it is out of ordinary, special and excentric!! A real exotic car. Of course like probably all of you I would agree that more HP's would have been welcome but I love it anyway.
    I'm an electronic technician and my passion since around 13 years is to restore antique cars or at least put them back in good condition.
    I bought my D 3 weeks ago from a car collector located 600 miles away from me. I drove it back home. I feel very lucky that I did'nt have big problems on my way back. I found my D on a classified ad from a canadian club of DeLorean owners. Unfortunatly I was deceived from my buy. Altough the car worth the price, what deceived me the most is the general condition of the car vs the description the seller did. I heard mint mint and mint and saw a highly priced appreasal made in 2007 and heard that the president of the owner club said that mint blah blah blah.
    I know the seller has'nt been honnest but ''my fault'' I should have went to see it first and negociate more. Most of all that I broke my piggy bank to get this one thinking that I would store it for the winter and admire it and drive it next year while I continue working on my on route project
    Anyway enough of bad stuff.
    I have only positive words to tell about my first experience on this forum. I posted many times in other car forums and guys who answered me here are very friendly, and want to help without snobbish comments
    I hope one day I could help too.
    Thank's
    1981 DMC-12 16000 miles manual tranny
    1979 Porsche 928
    1970 Porsche 911T 1986 turbo look
    1992 Toyota Mr2 GT Turbo RHD

Hello to all!

I grew up with the stories of the car plant which was 20 minutes down the road and the mystique or whatever it is has stuck with me , I'm a musician and videographer.

oh..also been to most of those eurotec events at the old site

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm baaacccckkk!

I'm the previous owner of 4875 and I regret selling it every day. I really wish I had stored it away somewhere safe instead of parting her out and selling the tub to someone to make into a failed Delorean 4x4. I just graduated college in may, have my first grown up job with a nice paycheck so now I can properly start putting away for another car. I'm located in Central FL, right behind Cinderellas Castle. No joke, I can see it. I am also a member of DCF, I have the shirt to prove it and am pretty useful when it comes to turning wrenches. I'll be hunting for a delorean soon, hopefully a car with a grooved hood and a 5 speed. No autotragics for me!
    Former Owner : 4875

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Welcome back Joe !!!
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast