FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by ravecrocker View Post
    Hey guys my name is Rave I'm saving for my DeLorean after working on them in video games for so long, I'm going to turn one into a daily driver, it'll take a long time I know but it can be done.
    Where is Pampa, TX?
    Jeff

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by ravecrocker View Post
    Hey guys my name is Rave I'm saving for my DeLorean after working on them in video games for so long, I'm going to turn one into a daily driver, it'll take a long time I know but it can be done.
    Welcome! Are you saying you build DeLorean 3D models professionally for video games? Or do you make fan mods to games? Which games are you working on? Sounds like fun!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10201

Tried joining before but didnt notice I had to send a email. Anyways, just bought delorean vin #10201. It arrived yesterday morning and a stranger has already followed me to talk about my car. I had the door open and he just jumped in cause he just "had to sit in it." The car is painted black. Some of you in the midwest may have seen it before since it has the Delorean Owners Association sticker on it and I have the previous owners old membership card.

The speedometer is "dead." The radio doesnt work nor do the driver door lights, cigar lighter or the regular headlights. High beams are working. Checked the fuse box and everything looked good, but now I can finally look through here for info.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Tried joining before but didnt notice I had to send a email. Anyways, just bought delorean vin #10201. It arrived yesterday morning and a stranger has already followed me to talk about my car. I had the door open and he just jumped in cause he just "had to sit in it." The car is painted black. Some of you in the midwest may have seen it before since it has the Delorean Owners Association sticker on it and I have the previous owners old membership card.

The speedometer is "dead." The radio doesnt work nor do the driver door lights, cigar lighter or the regular headlights. High beams are working. Checked the fuse box and everything looked good, but now I can finally look through here for info.
    Congrats on the purchase and acquisition. I believe I would have yelled at someone jumping in any car I own without permission! Some people have NO class.

Where are you located?
    Jeff

Burlington, Wisconsin. Moving down to Alabama around the end of the month though.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

So a normal used DeLorean, then ?

Welcome, btw.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Seems so lol. I paid low 20s for it so I expected issues. Coworkers keep thinking everything should be good, but I keep telling them its normal for a used delorean at this price.

My VIN:    4519

The radio doesnt work nor do the driver door lights, cigar lighter or the regular headlights. High beams are working. Checked the fuse box and everything looked good, but now I can finally look through here for info.
    My 'high-beams only" issue was a problem with the headlight switch, plus hacked wiring from a previous alarm install. The headlight switch is fairly easy to remove and inspect. Here's a pic of mine when I removed & disassembled it:

P5190820.jpg

So the high beams only issue was operator error. Didnt know how the headlight switch worked.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

1. Most likely the speedo angle drive is dead. This is the most common failure mode. But their are other possibilities. Remove the left front wheel and the plastic "dust cap" /speedo drive cap. Tug on the drive cable sticking out of the spindle. If it comes out your AD is the culprit.

2. Radio. Doesn't work. Meaning what. No power. No display. Power with just static. Need more detail please. If it's no power there is a secondary fuse behind the radio that could be blown. It's the Lt. green/ white inline fuse. There is also an inline fuse on a purple wire which is for Memory power.

3. Driver door lights. Check the plunger switch connections. The switch provides the ground path of the door light circuit. In the DeLorean All black wires are grounds. Probe the Purple/ blue wire connection at the door switch for 12v.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast