Buffalo!
    1967 Nova
    1968 Camaro drop top
    1981 Delorean
    2009 Pontiac g8 Gxp

My VIN:    6964

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Michael McElhattan

I am not new to the DeLorean world, but recently became more active on this forum.

Lead Technician @ DMC Midwest since Feb 2007. I have had the pleasure of working on the cars and with Dave and Julee Swingle for almost 5 years now. Many of you may have met me at the shop or had me transport your DeLorean for you. For any I have not met I wanted to say Hello!
    Lead Technician
    DMC Midwest

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCTek View Post
    Michael McElhattan

I am not new to the DeLorean world, but recently became more active on this forum.

Lead Technician @ DMC Midwest since Feb 2007. I have had the pleasure of working on the cars and with Dave and Julee Swingle for almost 5 years now. Many of you may have met me at the shop or had me transport your DeLorean for you. For any I have not met I wanted to say Hello!
    Thank you for keeping our cars roadworthy!

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Hi everyone, the name's Mark. I'm from Oakville ON. (Just west of Toronto). I've been posting quite a bit on this site but forgot to formally introduce myself. I've been a DeLorean fanatic (truly obsessed) since I was probably about 7. I first saw the DeLorean in the Automobile Magazine's 100 Years of the Automobile from 1985 that my dad had. Ever since I saw that picture of the car, it was love at first site. "Falling in love" is the only way I can describe it. That, plus BTTF which I also love.
    Anyway, I'm currently looking to buy a DeLorean, but I really need to sell my Jag first to make room for/fund the car. I want one that is fairly sorted, as I am not very mechanically inclined. However, I am willing to learn about and spend time on DIYing. Right now I'm just trying to learn as much 'techy' stuff as I can about DeLoreans.

My Current Cars:
    1998 BMW 328i M-Sport 4-Door
    2001 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas

My Dream D:
    -Silver Wheels, Black Interior, 5-Speed, window or rear antenna.
    (Hood style doesn't really matter, nor does interior color)
    -Lowered
    -Upgraded Exhaust w/cat delete
    Last edited by pezzonovante88; 12-22-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Hello everyone. I just acquired a 81 Delorean ( last 4 of VIN = 1303). Automatic with black interior. The car is running, but barely. Needs all the usual items from sitting in a 20 year hibernation. I have never owned a Delorean before, but I am familiar with some of the issues of a long hibernation.
    I acquired this car from my father, so the price was right. Now in his 80's and after owning this car for two decades, he called me up from Florida ( I live in Maryland) and stated he would give me the car with the stipulation that I keep the car stock and get it running again. Whew!!! No problem with that promise. So, after waiting 18 months to find a way to transport the car up to Maryland, it's finally at it's new home.
    Look forward to meeting everyone & getting you expertise on this unique & desireable car.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Welcome to the forum!!

One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

welcome and congratulations on your new D! feel free to post some photos!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    10439

Quote Originally Posted by hassyfoto View Post
    Hello everyone. I just acquired a 81 Delorean ( last 4 of VIN = 1303). Automatic with black interior. The car is running, but barely. Needs all the usual items from sitting in a 20 year hibernation. I have never owned a Delorean before, but I am familiar with some of the issues of a long hibernation.
    I acquired this car from my father, so the price was right. Now in his 80's and after owning this car for two decades, he called me up from Florida ( I live in Maryland) and stated he would give me the car with the stipulation that I keep the car stock and get it running again. Whew!!! No problem with that promise. So, after waiting 18 months to find a way to transport the car up to Maryland, it's finally at it's new home.
    Look forward to meeting everyone & getting you expertise on this unique & desireable car.

Welcome....I just did the Same thing with my Delorean. I got my car from my dad who is 84. I shipped it straight from his garage where it sat for about 15 years. It cost me 1000.00 to ship it from Ohio to Dallas. I would recommend contact John Hervey at special t auto (goggle it) he has a gentlemen that works on a lot of Deloreans who does great work and a super guy (Pat) He still has my car but is very close to getting it completed. I made a post like yours and someone recommended John to me and I'm glad they did. Feel free to email me and I will give you my cell number and go over the work that was completed and some of the cost that I've paid out. One thing that you want to make sure of is don't just let anyone work on that car. Get someone that has knowledge of Deloreans. Thanks and welcome!

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I could've sworn I posted here a while ago but I guess I didn't.

Having said that. Hi all My Name is Chris I live in Smithtown NY on Long Island with my wife and two kids. I'm the third and fourth owner of 3165. It's a very long story and I won't bore everyone to death with the deatils of that again. Let's just say I'm a die hard DeLorean fan and have been ever since I was nine years old when BTTF first came out.

3165 is a great car and is in great condition. It's a grooved hood 5 speed grey interior. It was a PJ Grady refurbished car when I first picked it up back in 1999 with only 12K miles on it. I used it daily for several years and then sold it and got it back years later. (insert drama here) But aside form that I love my D. It never gets old. I was using it daily for the better part of this year but was lucky enough to get another car and now I make excuses to take my D out of the garage. It currently has about 54700 miles on it.

3165 is my second D. My first was and absolute train wreck that I bought from a used car lot about a year prior to purchasing 3165. That one was #774 it gave me a crash course in what not to buy when purchasing a DeLorean. At the time I wasn't familiar with the car and only knew enough about mechanics in general to get me by. 774 had a rotted out frame in several spots the motor was ticking and it would constatly overheat because it wouldn't make any oil pressure. In short it was toast! I eventually found my way out to Rob Grady's where he told me that car had between 300-400,000 miles on it! It was a daily driver it's whole life and was driven back and forth from Long Island to New Jersy everyday. I did eventually get it to run well enough to trade it in to a local car dealer. No one really knows what happened to it after that. Rumors are it was purchased and dissassembled by someone out in New Jersy the victim of another failed restoration attempt. But it's only a rumor.

Aside form that I'm a HUGE Star Trek fan. A mediocre mechanic and former independant trucker. Here's a few pics of me and the fam enjoy!

BTW: Interior shots are slightly dated. Don't have any with my new shifter boot or Binnacle sorry.
    Attached Images
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    10439

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    I could've sworn I posted here a while ago but I guess I didn't.

Having said that. Hi all My Name is Chris I live in Smithtown NY on Long Island with my wife and two kids. I'm the third and fourth owner of 3165. It's a very long story and I won't bore everyone to death with the deatils of that again. Let's just say I'm a die hard DeLorean fan and have been ever since I was nine years old when BTTF first came out.

3165 is a great car and is in great condition. It's a grooved hood 5 speed grey interior. It was a PJ Grady refurbished car when I first picked it up back in 1999 with only 12K miles on it. I used it daily for several years and then sold it and got it back years later. (insert drama here) But aside form that I love my D. It never gets old. I was using it daily for the better part of this year but was lucky enough to get another car and now I make excuses to take my D out of the garage. It currently has about 54700 miles on it.

3165 is my second D. My first was and absolute train wreck that I bought from a used car lot about a year prior to purchasing 3165. That one was #774 it gave me a crash course in what not to buy when purchasing a DeLorean. At the time I wasn't familiar with the car and only knew enough about mechanics in general to get me by. 774 had a rotted out frame in several spots the motor was ticking and it would constatly overheat because it wouldn't make any oil pressure. In short it was toast! I eventually found my way out to Rob Grady's where he told me that car had between 300-400,000 miles on it! It was a daily driver it's whole life and was driven back and forth from Long Island to New Jersy everyday. I did eventually get it to run well enough to trade it in to a local car dealer. No one really knows what happened to it after that. Rumors are it was purchased and dissassembled by someone out in New Jersy the victim of another failed restoration attempt. But it's only a rumor.

Aside form that I'm a HUGE Star Trek fan. A mediocre mechanic and former independant trucker. Here's a few pics of me and the fam enjoy!

BTW: Interior shots are slightly dated. Don't have any with my new shifter boot or Binnacle sorry.
    Welcome Chris! Looks like you have a nice car from the ....I'm looking forward to getting my car finished so me and my little boy can enjoy going to some car shows.

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast