FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    1704

Hi everyone. New to forum. 18 year owner. 2 year driver. 16 years were in the garage. Debugging one issue at a time, keeping it running to maximize enjoyment.

Someday I'd like one of the Pearce frame cars.

Carl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by Carliannewman View Post
    Hi everyone. New to forum. 18 year owner. 2 year driver. 16 years were in the garage. Debugging one issue at a time, keeping it running to maximize enjoyment.

Someday I'd like one of the Pearce frame cars.

Carl

Now that's dedication! Welcome.
    Barry

16 years of dedicated laziness maybe! Unfortunately, it sat collecting dust while I allowed myself to be too busy.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Carliannewman View Post
    16 years of dedicated laziness maybe! Unfortunately, it sat collecting dust while I allowed myself to be too busy.

Greetings!! I noticed you are from Syracuse, I live in Camillus. I'd be glad to help out in any way I can
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Thanks for the offer. Would love to meet up sometime. Ever go to any of the local cars nights?

My VIN:    10287

Occasionally I go to the Baldwinsville Diner on Thursday nights, Skan-Ellus Drive In on Mondays, very infrequently to Cars and Coffee at Wegmans on Route 57 on Saturdays. Really I drive the car almost everyday in the summer.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    6120

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    Mine was the same as you but instead of woods, I grew up in concrete. I did go see the Empire Strikes Back at the movies though For me, it was anti anything Big Three, and Pro JZD. In Detroit the Big 3 has a HUGE impact and JZD was seen as a rebel here. I know alot of people that I grew up with that were happy that it broke that he was arrested, not me. I wanted to see the Rebel (JZD) succeed and take on the Big 3. Just driving the D by the GM Tech Center will fill me with glee!!!!! I like GM and the people there but JZD did build a unique product and IMHO I think the Big 3 found a way to hurt the guy. Just my opinion. and two cents.

--Doug
    Thanks for the reply, Doug. Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I don't get to hop on the forums routinely.

Hope you're loving your car and making memories with it. It's only been a couple months at most but the fam and I are really enjoying ours. It's been a huge hit with the kids and their friends and is certainly a head turner.

Perhaps the only thing I don't like about the car is the attention it gets, not being much of an extrovert myself. I try to get gas at off hours so I don't seem so "showy", park far away from entrances to wherever it is I'm going (again to avoid attention) and even tend to polish it in my garage in solitude. I just love the car for the car and what it means to me, not for the attention it gets. Guess I'm weird. lol

Thanks again for your reply to my intro. I'm glad it resonated with you too, DeLorean brother!

Cheers!
    " I find your lack of roads disturbing" ...Doc Vader
    --
    Finally found it... my personal dream DeLorean (6120):
    Deep breath -- "Grey Interior, 5 Speed, grooved hood/no gas flap, dark bumpers, silver wheels, no ext options (no pinstripes or black stripe), clock by shifter, rear antennae, built in door straps, Nov build" Phew. Bought from original owner (who babied her perfectly for 34 years) in May 2015.

My VIN:    6989

Greetings!

I'm Chris, been a DeLorean fan since childhood, and currently own a lovely 83. I'm stationed in Japan (don't have the D with me, my Dad is watching it stateside), soon to be stationed in Virginia starting this fall.

Like many, I got into the DMC-12 because of (you guessed it) Back to the Future. Still a huge fan of the trilogy to this day, as it did inspire me to learn more about the D and the man behind it all, John Z DeLorean.

No club affiliations at the moment, hopefully that will change when I move back stateside

-Chris

My VIN:    2065

Saying Hi from a new Owner in Australia

Hello All, Well my search for a Delorean is over and as of today I am the new custodian of VIN 2065.

I intend to spend plenty of time learning about the car now I have it and understand what needs to be done to bring this already sound car up to spec.

I made a mental list of refinements during the 300 K trip home from Sydney but any advice would be welcome. Let the fun begin......

Gary
    OZ DMC
    (from the mid NSW north coast town of Wingham)

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Does yours need to be RHD converted?

Pics obviously when you get the chance
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast