FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Congratulation Dave

My VIN:    5557

Hello Texas

Hello to all my fellow Delorean owners and enthusiast. I have just moved to Texas from Las Vegas. I am looking to meet up with any Delorean clubs or owners. I live in Corsicana. Had the D shipped by a car carrier company and she took a beating. Hope to meet some of you good folks. The group out in Vegas were really great to me. Will miss them. If there is any events or outings setup, drop me a line. Will make it to Houston in the coming weeks to check out shop.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by axlealex View Post
    Hello to all my fellow Delorean owners and enthusiast. I have just moved to Texas from Las Vegas. I am looking to meet up with any Delorean clubs or owners. I live in Corsicana. Had the D shipped by a car carrier company and she took a beating. Hope to meet some of you good folks. The group out in Vegas were really great to me. Will miss them. If there is any events or outings setup, drop me a line. Will make it to Houston in the coming weeks to check out shop.
    Welcome to Texas! You're closer to Dallas than Houston down there in Navarro County. I'm up in Rowlett. We (the DFW group) have a handful of owners who participate in a couple of fall parades and then the North Texas Irish Festival in the early spring. I'm the guy who never makes these events because my car's out of service.

Feel free to PM me with your email and I'll send your contact info out to the gang.
    Jeff

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Another newbie owner...

Hi all,

Having been a fan of the car (as opposed to the movies) since 1992, and actively looking for a car since 2010, I finally bought my dream car

#10515 was originally bought in 1983 from the DeLorean dealer in Irvine, CA (SoCal) and driven 15,980 miles until about 1988. Then it was parked in the garage in Torrance, CA (SoCal) and had the car cover put on it. It has been there ever since... until November 6, 2015.

The owner sold it to me for their asking price of $16,000. I was the second person to look at the car within a couple hours of them posting it on cragslist.

Luckily, Torrance is about 20 miles away from DMC CA (Huntington Beach), so I had it towed over there, where it's awaiting a make-run and inspection.

Because the car sat there since 1988 the tires were all flat and the rubber had deteriorated.
    There's one small dent in the left-rear panel, but everything else looks great.
    The interior is really great. No mice, no water damage, no sun damage. The seats even had fuzzy covers on them, so they look great too.
    The binnacle has a few crack lines showing and the frame inside the binnacle is drooping.

I haven't told any of my local friends or family, as I want to surprise them. Since the early 90s friends and family have sent me emails and txt with photos of DeLoreans they see on the freeways and in parking lots.

As the cars become more expensive, sell quicker and become more rare, I had almost given up on ever getting one... but it finally happen.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all.
    DeLorean 1982 5 speed - 000 (Torrance).jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dtavres; 11-18-2015 at 04:00 PM.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Great back story. Welcome
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Welcome on board, can't wait to see some pic of your car

My VIN:    3937

Welcome! DeLorean owners named Dave seem to do pretty well here. You'll be just fine.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Welcome! DeLorean owners named Dave seem to do pretty well here. You'll be just fine.
    Yes, welcome! Us Daves need to stick together.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    2347

Yeah there are a lot of people with the name Dave here....
    Last edited by davidc89; 11-19-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    3937

I googled most popular names and Dave/David has been in the top 20 since the 30s, top 10 for decades and number one or two peaking in the 60s or 70s. No wonder our favorite little retro 80s icons have so many Dave owners!!

I even have the date code on my DeLorean tires to prove it!! hahahahaha

IMG_1374.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast