FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnzai View Post
    Just found the forum. Bought the car new from the Dealer in Syracuse, New York in 1983. Still have it. I too have unusual cars. Hope to find more owners in upstate NY.
    Welcome Bahnzai!

Is that a shout-out to Buckaroo Bonzai by chance? Maybe that's your other unusual car?

I just looked up where this Canadian sounding city you live in is... you aren't more than a couple hours from Rich_NYS. And you're not much farther from a few actual Canadians if you head for the border. We have a couple owners in Hamilton and Burlington as well as a very awful Time Machine replica car in Niagara Falls at the Louis Toussaud wax museum.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnzai View Post
    Just found the forum. Bought the car new from the Dealer in Syracuse, New York in 1983. Still have it. I too have unusual cars. Hope to find more owners in upstate NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC 2692 View Post
    My real name is Derek and I live in PA. Just bought VIN 2692 on December 9 with a little over 13K miles on it.
    Welcome to the forum Bahnzai and Derek. There's a lot of helpful people here!

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Cool

Hello, new to the forum. Buying my first D in a few months and thought this would be the best place for me to get a little more information. I've been a big fan of the Delorean ever since I can remember. Finally have the means to buy my first one, so I figured I would join the forum. Looking forward to future interactions with you fine folks.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGuY View Post
    Hello, new to the forum. Buying my first D in a few months and thought this would be the best place for me to get a little more information. I've been a big fan of the Delorean ever since I can remember. Finally have the means to buy my first one, so I figured I would join the forum. Looking forward to future interactions with you fine folks.
    Welcome aboard!

No shortage of engineers here. Always good to have more.

If you're already in the Chicagoland area, I'd recommend going for a visit, when you're ready, out to DMC Midwest in Crystal Lake. You can read threads here and learn about the cars, but getting an in person experience with the cars is really irreplaceable. Mike and Suzy (and Dave and Julee) are honest and pleasant people to be around and work with. If you approach them in the same way, I expect you'll get everything on your "list" met and/or exceeded. Plus, it's close by. Not quite the same luxury for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Welcome aboard!

No shortage of engineers here. Always good to have more.

If you're already in the Chicagoland area, I'd recommend going for a visit, when you're ready, out to DMC Midwest in Crystal Lake. You can read threads here and learn about the cars, but getting an in person experience with the cars is really irreplaceable. Mike and Suzy (and Dave and Julee) are honest and pleasant people to be around and work with. If you approach them in the same way, I expect you'll get everything on your "list" met and/or exceeded. Plus, it's close by. Not quite the same luxury for all of us
    I've been there already, and I've had the pleasure of meeting a few midwest members as well. Very lucky to have a DMC location so close to me. I can imagine how hard it is for a lot of members who's closest location is 1,000 miles away. Great community you guys have here with a wealthy of information.

I've been there already, and I've had the pleasure of meeting a few midwest members as well. Very lucky to have a DMC location so close to me. I can imagine how hard it is for a lot of members who's closest location is 1,000 miles away. Great community you guys have here with a wealthy of information.
    Great to hear! Sounds like you're well on your way. With any luck, maybe you'll have your car in time for DCS'16 in Springfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Great to hear! Sounds like you're well on your way. With any luck, maybe you'll have your car in time for DCS'16 in Springfield?
    I'll be at the DCS'16 but likely not with my Delorean just yet. I really want to make sure I get the right car for me. I'm paying cash, and really want something that can be a daily driver (Athough it never will be). But, I will have one this year so I am very happy. I can't wait ofr DCS'16 as it will be my first one.

My VIN:    2483

Since you are in the city here you can come by and check out my P.O.S. car.

It is a good example of a bad example.

After seeing my car you will feel better about paying whatever price for a nicer car.

Good luck to you.

Hope to see you at some of the Midwest Connection meet ups.

Quote Originally Posted by delgato View Post
    Since you are in the city here you can come by and check out my P.O.S. car.

It is a good example of a bad example.

After seeing my car you will feel better about paying whatever price for a nicer car.

Good luck to you.

Hope to see you at some of the Midwest Connection meet ups.
    I'd love to take a look at your car, no matter the shape. I am looking to spend 30K-35K so I feel I can find a very nice D in that price range. Lakeview/Wrigley area myself, how about you?

My VIN:    2483

I'd love to take a look at your car, no matter the shape. I am looking to spend 30K-35K so I feel I can find a very nice D in that price range. Lakeview/Wrigley area myself, how about you?
    I work right there in that hood. I live west in Belmont/Cragin area. PM me if you are interested in hanging out and seeing my rusty stainless mess of a car. The frame is off now so you can get a real good look at what is going on there.

Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast