FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

You might be able to get the original owner and selling dealership by requesting it from:

http://www.deloreanmuseum.org/info-on-your-vin.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10353

Now that I finally passed Smog here in San Diego and got a license plate, I can post to this site! Only took me almost 2 months! Excited to join the community, this site has been great for information.

Already helped me with reclaiming my headliner, fixing a bad alternator, replaced the passenger window motor, and even adjusted the parking brakes. Next up is tackling the oil leak (appears to be from the front main crankshaft seal), and the A/C, and the squeaky suspension, the list keeps growing but it sure is rewarding and fun!

Dec 81 build (VIN 10353) 5 spd. Original stereo even works!

Delorean10353.jpg

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Welcome, but you could have posted earlier, you know.

We don't require that your D be fully legal to post on here.

Or even fully complete

Or even exist.

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10162

Hi everyone! I'm Spencer, I just bought 10162, grey interior, manual, stage ii upgrade. I'm the 3rd owner, the previous owner put all the bells and whistles on it and very reluctantly had to sell her. I've wanted a DeLorean since I was a kid and its very exciting to finely be an owner. I live in Southern California and would love to meet up with people in the area who are owners or DeLorean enthusiasts!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Welcome..and congrats on getting your Delorean

Post some pics? Details?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Welcome..and congrats on getting your Delorean

Post some pics? Details?
    Hi Lwanmtr! Honestly I'm still getting the know 10162. Right now everything is pretty good, but the breaks need to be bled as it had sat for a while. An interesting thing that 10162 has on top of the stage ii is a power steering unit from Europe. I had never driven a DeLorean until I had my own, but I can imagine that parking lots are a bit of a pain without power steering. The unit on 10162 deactivates at 40mph so its pretty nice. Still I am kind of debating keeping it.

The suspension has been lowered to the European specs and it handles great! In fact I am very surprised how well a DeLorean handles!

It also has an aftermarket head unit, but the previous owner included to original radio. I kind of hate the current head unit and wouldn't mind putting back the original, but all signs point to the original being not the greatest. I also believe that the current head unit was not installed correctly since it shorts out at high volume indicating that it is not grounded.

A fun thing that happened is a few days ago the speedo just decided to stop working. Also the idle is a little wonky, but that seems to be a DeLorean thing. Since it has sat for a while I'm going to take it into DMC in Orange County have have them give it a once over as I am not a mechanic and don't plan on doing much work on it myself aside for an oil change and maybe spark plugs.

It only has about 15,000 miles, only about 2,000 put on since the stage ii conversion. It was kind of a barn find / weekend driver before the 2nd owner got it. It lived in Georgia and according to the previous owner it has never seen the rain. It had the upper grey dealer stripe, after looking at it for a week I decided it had to go so I removed it, but left the DMC logo.

It also has a flux capacitor and a BTTF digital speedo (so the broken one is not too much of a problem haha!) It also has blue LED lights under the car, in the engine bay and on the interior. I love "The Movie" although I love the car on its own and thought I might remove the Flux Capacitor, but after about the 10th comment asking if it has a flux capacitor I think it is best I keep it so as to take the steam out of that incredibly original joke! I can just point to it and say, "Yep it has one". The flux and the interior LED's are activated via the dummy switches by the power window switches. There are two other aftermarket switches by the interior dimmer knob that activate the outside LED's and some parade light flashers.

The previous owner had Bob Gale and Christopher Lloyd and other cast member sign the glove box. I want to give that back to him as soon as I can find a replacement, but DMC seem to be out of them. It also has the stainless gear knob and I'd like to have it go back to the stock one, but those seem to be hard to find as well.

My plan is to make it pretty much a daily driver, and maybe take it around to car shows and whatnot. I've never had a car show quality car before so I don't even know how to get started with that!

I have yet to take a really good picture of it, but when I do I'll post them!

Here is a picture of 10162 the day I bought her, I have since removed the grey dealer stripe. I'll have more much higher quality photos soon! I have also put the yellow and red lights into the doors, however they are all LED which I am very grateful for!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Very nice lookin'

Sounds like you got a really good car
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Seems like a car of that caliber would have had a very active owner enthusiast. Was he active on this forum?

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Seems like a car of that caliber would have had a very active owner enthusiast. Was he active on this forum?

Yes the 2nd owner was definitely an enthusiast. Here is a link to a Facebook he made with lots of info on 10162: https://www.facebook.com/DeLorean-Ne...1502674080484/

I just sent him an email asking if he is a part of this community. I know he was part of several. He bought the car in late 2014 and had DMC California do all of the restoration/modifications, it took them about 200 days or so. Afterwords he had it in parades, DMC meets, charities and whatnot. He had a lot of BTTF merch at his house and took a lot of pride in the car. He had several books made up chronicling his experience with the car which I have as flash files. Like I said he was very sad to sell it because this car was loved!

I had been looking for a DeLorean for about 10 years, and 4 years very seriously. I had a special (now empty) saving account for it for many years. I had some very specific things I wanted in a DeLorean and this is the first one I found that had pretty much everything that I wanted and then some.
    Last edited by Boingonut; 05-08-2017 at 05:59 AM.

Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast