FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by 80S-4EVR View Post
    Greetings DMC talk! I am a HUGE Delorean fan and have been my whole life.
    I'm not sure if I can clearly express what owning a Delorean will mean to me. Something I have been waiting for for over 2 decades.
    Welcome! ...and that sounds familiar.

(We don't have our own fancy commercial, but you get the idea).

Consider yourself fortunate if you can run into Rich from upstate NY. On the forum here or in person. Great guy and fellow huge fan of the 80s. He could probably show you a few of the in's and out's on the cars and answer some of your questions. Certainly the pros and cons of each transmission type and engine and car restorations.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! There are very helpful people here and a wealth of knowledge. Congrats on the arrival of your child.
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Wow, your post reminds me so much of my post I made about 12 or 13 years ago. Took me a few more years but I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary with my DeLorean. I also had a Z car at the time, wish I could have kept it, but I only had enough garage for one and rental garages were expensive. I wasn't going to let either one sit outside so I reluctantly sold it. Mine was a 1991 and just flawless, yours looks very nice too. Always had a soft spot for Z-31's, the seemed like the last incarnation of what a true Z car was. My Z-32 is and will always be my favorite, but it deviated from tradition which wasn't a bad thing but it seemed like Nissan never found itself afterward. Still miss her a lot though and those beautiful evenings after work. Just pull the t tops out and cruise till after sundown. I ofter catch myself looking at Z-32's on ebay just for old times sake, best road car I ever owned.

Here are a few shots of my old baby:
    Attachment 59155Attachment 59156Attachment 59157Attachment 59158

Anyway welcome! Your mentality sounds a lot like mine was and I am sure you will enjoy your future DeLorean with your son. My buddy Christian and his son do everything in theirs (notice I said "theirs" ).
    Thank You, I know we will enjoy it as my wife and I have enjoyed the Z. We take it everywhere, as it is very reliable and don't hesitate to pop the t-tops and go on long road / weekend trips. I won't ever get rid of it, it is like a member of the family. Like you said, later models of the Z got far away from what Yutaka Katayama's original 240Z was. If you ask the purists, they say that all stopped with the introduction of the '78-'83 280ZX.
    Wow what a nice Z you had, as you stated it was flawless! I love the white on tan combo. I always liked the Z32. Too bad you had to sell it! Never say never, keep looking for another. The prices of those seem to be on the rise for nice examples. This time get a twin turbo w/manual!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Welcome! ...and that sounds familiar.

(We don't have our own fancy commercial, but you get the idea).

Consider yourself fortunate if you can run into Rich from upstate NY. On the forum here or in person. Great guy and fellow huge fan of the 80s. He could probably show you a few of the in's and out's on the cars and answer some of your questions. Certainly the pros and cons of each transmission type and engine and car restorations.
    Hahahaha yeah that sums it up, except my 'commercial' was a VHS copy of BTTF I watched ad nauseam. I hope to meet Rich, do you know what area in upstate he is?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by 80S-4EVR View Post
    Hahahaha yeah that sums it up, except my 'commercial' was a VHS copy of BTTF I watched ad nauseam. I hope to meet Rich, do you know what area in upstate he is?
    Nice! I think I actually wanted a Lotus Esprit more growing up than a DeLorean. Or a Fiero admittedly, lol. Couldn't fit in either of those so went with the silly stainless steel one.

I'll let Rich chime in himself, but I think closer to Albany or thereabouts. I was in at the Global Foundries chip fab in Malta a few years ago and we met up nearby and talked cars. Presumably he's still in that neck of the woods.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

DeLorean fanatic (DOCUK) theningiachicken's Avatar

My VIN:    5222 "Ryuko"

Club(s):  

hi DMCtalk im a huge Delorean fan and have been since i watched BTTF1 im an official member of the DOCUK (hence it being part of my username).
    i hope to one day own a Delorean and make it custom to me through mods like kevin Krinns digital dash, auto doors, increased hp, 0-60 time and top speed of the engine and other ideas im keeping secret for now.

my role in the DOCUK is running and uploading content to our youtube channel which has only been around for a few months (bad time to have videos created here in the uk since all cars in the club are away for winter)

i hope to find myself a decent project/barn find Delorean (i understand they are getting harder to come by) or a fully working car from a nice home.

Hey All,

Skipped over this thread by accident.
    As a kid and teenager I always looked at the DeLorean as something exotic and unique (I actually thought it was a European car for a while). I knew I had to have one after learning more about John Z Delorean's life story - the notoriety he earned for himself at GM, turning down advancement up the corporate ladder in order to pursue his own dream and finally, despite all the haters and controversy, winning in the end. Doc Brown and JZD are essentially the same man with different obsessions.

For me, the DMC-12 is symbolic of the American Dream, and the best part is that that dream isn't reserved for Americans only. I guess I love the car because I love the dream that it represents. Thanks for having me

APRIL 81

My VIN:    952

New DeLorean Owner

Hi folks. I've been lurking for a while but wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I recently purchased VIN 0952 – a beautiful, low mileage time capsule example we found in Ohio (gas flap hood, 5 speed, black interior). Purchased from the second owner who bought the car in 1985. 0952 is now with us in PA (closed transport to get it here). The gas tank has been drained. Everything works. I'll be going through everything thoroughly this summer but have started off with light cosmetic stuff here and there.

Long time DeLorean fan. My family tells stories of me sitting in one as a kid at a family reunion in the early 80s. I've been hooked every since. Car guy at heart, I've wrenched on quite a few cars – mostly older BMWs.

Looks like a great community here!
    Picture of our car attached.

DMC.jpg

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by JAZ_DMC View Post
    Hi folks. I've been lurking for a while but wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I recently purchased VIN 0952 – a beautiful, low mileage time capsule example we found in Ohio (gas flap hood, 5 speed, black interior). Purchased from the second owner who bought the car in 1985. 0952 is now with us in PA (closed transport to get it here). The gas tank has been drained. Everything works. I'll be going through everything thoroughly this summer but have started off with light cosmetic stuff here and there.

Long time DeLorean fan. My family tells stories of me sitting in one as a kid at a family reunion in the early 80s. I've been hooked every since. Car guy at heart, I've wrenched on quite a few cars – mostly older BMWs.

DMC.jpg
    Your car looks amazing congratz! Looks so clean! Do read all parts of the forum, there is so super great info on here!
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

DMC.jpg
    Welcome and congratulations on the purchase.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hi folks.

DMC.jpg
    Howdy and welcome. Lotsa great info and folks here.

Looks like you got the ever popular 'aluminum' color version
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast