FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77

Thread: Introductions!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Jason View Post
    Hello all, just got signed up and thought I would introduce myself and say hi from the Ozark Mountains. Been a Delorean owner for 23 years now (#05903), started out as a member on the yahoo groups a very long time ago. No idea if those are even around anymore. Mine is an '81, grey interior, 5-speed, 42,000 miles now. all around pretty good shape but I do need to get the wheels redone and also need to get the seats recovered. They weren't taken care of before I had the car and no matter what I've done to condition them they just seem to get worse. Anyway, hope you all are well.

My VIN:    11596

Hello all, just got signed up and thought I would introduce myself and say hi from the Ozark Mountains. Been a Delorean owner for 23 years now (#05903), started out as a member on the yahoo groups a very long time ago. No idea if those are even around anymore. Mine is an '81, grey interior, 5-speed, 42,000 miles now. all around pretty good shape but I do need to get the wheels redone and also need to get the seats recovered. They weren't taken care of before I had the car and no matter what I've done to condition them they just seem to get worse. Anyway, hope you all are well.
    Where in the Ozarks? I'm north of you in Kansas City.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Where in the Ozarks? I'm north of you in Kansas City.
    Mountain Home Arkansas
    1981 Delorean #05903, 2017 Suzuki 650 Vstrom, 1996 Aprilia RS250, 1988 Kawasaki ZX10, 1964 Honda S90

My VIN:    11596

Mountain Home Arkansas
    Cool, I go backpacking around there sometimes, you might be familiar with Barkshed and Sylamore just south of you. If you're ever coming up towards Kansas City, give me a shout.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Cool, I go backpacking around there sometimes, you might be familiar with Barkshed and Sylamore just south of you. If you're ever coming up towards Kansas City, give me a shout.
    I am very familiar with that area. Push Mountain Road (341) is a great driving road and even better on a motorcycle.
    1981 Delorean #05903, 2017 Suzuki 650 Vstrom, 1996 Aprilia RS250, 1988 Kawasaki ZX10, 1964 Honda S90

My VIN:    7138

Hello from Milwaukee WI

These forums have been a great source of info for me the past few years but I never introduced myself - so, HELLO!

Caretaker of VIN 7138 here, one of the final ~30 cars made in regular production, and one of ~88 cars shipped to Canada. It's here with me in Milwaukee Wisconsin USA since 2005, and in great shape given the 83000 kilometers on the odometer. The only major repair I've had to make outside of normal maintenance was back in 2014, it had some major motor repairs after noticing overheating and coolant in the oil - luckily I have a very skilled machinist nearby that took care of the whole thing. It has some fun upgrades like remote door poppers and solid state relays to kill the last of the hot start issues.

Love to drive it - the smiles, feedback, and photos as people see it. Every fall I wish I drove it more! Outside of BTTF cars on display at shows/conferences in the area, I've not seen another one "in the wild" here. I know there are a few, we just haven't crossed paths.

This spring I'm ripping the interior apart, putting in a new radio, speakers, LED A/C panel, headlight switch, etc. Spent a few hours yesterday trying to reassemble the rear defrost switch - what a piece of junk :-D

Looking forward to another great season!

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77