FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Houston Flooding and DMCH?

My VIN:    Early

Houston Flooding and DMCH?

Anybody know if DMCH got any damage? I don't want to take any chances driving over there.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    2222

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCH) (DCUK)

According to Sarah, they are high and dry, but probably best to call to verify that access on feeders is fine and that you don't have to take alternate routes to get to the shop
    Last edited by durech; 04-19-2016 at 03:22 PM.

My VIN:    03572

The USPS (package I sent) got through today at DMCH. Looks like yesterday was no mail.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6585

You can take a look online to get an idea of what areas are worse than others, but it looks like things were fine up in their neck of the woods.

http://www.harriscountyfws.org/

They're north of Greens Bayou, and that big drainage channel on the other side of the woods behind them has a big switchback before it connects over into it. Even then only near 59 did it overflow by about 4'. Otherwise the Hardy Toll Road has water, but Beltway 8 is open and clear.

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/

Unlike Jersey Village where we wound up with about 2-3" of water in our car, but we got lucky compared to other places around White Oak Bayou, and down West Rd.

How's Katy looking? I've got in-laws out near Clay & 99 who were flooded-in yesterday. Barker Reservoir hit record levels, with Addicks expect to this week as well as both water levels continue to rise, so more flooding is expected to occur across Clay. I believe there's another couple of owners up in Cypress Creek. Anyone heard from them?

Update: If you're coming down from Magnolia, keep an eye out for water on 249 down around Louetta. Should be fine as long as you stay off the feeder.
    Last edited by DMCVegas; 04-19-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    Early

Great to hear they're fine!

Since vin 831 is currently sitting in a hangar at Hooks Airport, I went there yesterday. FM 2978 and 2920 were beginning to flood over. Once I arrived at the airport, I realized almost very hangar was flooded with at least a foot of water. Thankfully, the hangar housing my car was dry.

Anyways, to all others in the Houston area, stay dry.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

I am down south of Houston, and we really had no problem with flooding. Lots of rain though. Also talked to Shannon (NW side), and he is fine too. I think mainly the northern metroplex, and the west side got the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Unlike Jersey Village where we wound up with about 2-3" of water in our car, ...[SNIP]
    Robert, are you saying you got 2-3 inches in your DeLorean? Wow, bummer if so... I hope not.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Robert, are you saying you got 2-3 inches in your DeLorean? Wow, bummer if so... I hope not.
    No, a '14 Ford Focus. Had it have been the DeLorean, it would be a much, much easier cleanup given how much easier it is to pull seats and carpet. Drying the car out now. Had to vacuum the carpet and even water out of the floor vents. Still runs just fine with no error codes and no smell so it should be ok. But if worse comes to worst, I'll spray it either with tea tree oil or Odoban.

The strangest thing has been how so many people outside of Houston, and even other states saw the warnings on the news before hand about bad weather coming in. Yet there wasn't much concern at all on TV about it and even the meteorologists were saying how much of a surprise this was. Had I have known what was coming, I would have driven the car up to school and parked on the upper floors of the garage and parked my truck over on the high berms next to the detention basin.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...