Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    15190

BTW, I have two DMC mudflats which I know nothing about. Does anyone have more information on who made them?
    Image1461299698.446891.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    What's the VIN?

I spoke to him earlier today also; if I understood him correctly, he mentioned there's someone coming Saturday with an offer that sounded higher than the 13.5 he mentioned to you, but I'm not exactly sure.
    I was one of the first people to talk to him and he was going to work exclusively with me to get a deal done. But after mentioning I would need additional paperwork (Official Death Certificate) to transfer the title he said if you want all of that then the price is 17k. I told him no thanks. Their was just too many red flags that went up during my conversations with Louie that didn't sit well with me. Mainly that it seemed like he was hiding something with the engine, since I wasn't allowed to start the car until I paid him in full. I spoke to Tom at DMC-FL and he said to run.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

To be fair, if he knows that the car hasn't run in X years, and has done any research on the car, he should be aware that you should not try and start the engine before cleaning out the fuel system. Trying to start it will just make matters worse. If this is the case, then he is spot on, not allowing anyone to try and start it. Once you have paid for it, then yo can do what you like with it.

But he should be up front and say it is a non runner and price it accordingly, which I think it is.

Why do you need a a death cert, if I may ask? If the grandfather has signed the "sellers" part of the title, why does it matter? Would it not just be needed if the grandfather hadn't signed it?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Why do you need a a death cert, if I may ask? If the grandfather has signed the "sellers" part of the title, why does it matter? Would it not just be needed if the grandfather hadn't signed it?
    Accountability in case of Fraud is why.

If something goes wrong with the car post sale, then the buyer has no legal recourse against the seller if their name isn't on the paperwork. So if the buyer is outright lied to and told something such as, "This was only a 1-owner vehicle", "it's never been in an accident", or whatever, and then the buyer comes back and finds out that these items are not true, they can sue the seller. Unless suddenly the seller is a dead grandfather.

Steve Lehto does a fantastic job explaining all of this: http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/been-r...m-t-1656536314
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

To be fair, if he knows that the car hasn't run in X years, and has done any research on the car, he should be aware that you should not try and start the engine before cleaning out the fuel system. Trying to start it will just make matters worse. If this is the case, then he is spot on, not allowing anyone to try and start it. Once you have paid for it, then yo can do what you like with it.

But he should be up front and say it is a non runner and price it accordingly, which I think it is.

In PA for this particular instance it was explained to me that I would HAVE to have an Official Death Certificate in order complete the sale AND not a copy of one. When I asked him if he had any he said no and that he wasn't going through the trouble. He claimed to have 10 cars from his dead grandfather and he's already sold 8. Guy had an explanation for everything and wouldn't work with me to make the deal happen. He immediately said no and he would sell the car to someone else. Oh well.

He claimed when he parked it 3 years ago it ran and he claims the motor turns. Carfax shows the car hasn't had any activity since 2005. Why not just drain the tank, put a battery in it and change the oil. Fire it up and then remove all doubt. That way you don't have to come across as hiding something. Just my two cents.

Besides the fact that running here is a no-brainer, and I mean RUN brother, RUN, I'm SHOCKED that nobody has commented that this De Lorean was built IN THE FUTURE!! It's a 2017 De Lorean! How cool is that? This must add at least $15K to the price tag...maybe $20K! So here we have an iconic car, made an icon by a movie about time travel, and this car was built in the future...so it must have traveled back in time to be sold...in the future? Maybe not, but this is still awesome. Just awesome.
    Last edited by Shark Pilot; 04-22-2016 at 09:33 PM.

My VIN:    4519

Sold to someone in Missouri...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Would be interesting to get the final report on the car from the guy who bought it..just to see what was wrong with it.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast