FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Legendary Artist and 80's Icon Prince Dead at 57

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's official...I'm now sick of hearing Prince music. Don't get me wrong I had no animosity toward the guy, but just today someone in the news
    described it as a tragedy? A tragedy is a 8 yr old boy getting sucked into a woodchipper trying to help his dad who turned his back for a second. A 57 year old millionaire who (let's be honest probably overdosed or had a condition as a result of drugs) may be sad and sobering for those who just idolized him but just not a "tragedy".

Now we will sit back and reflect feeling all puffed up with ourselves because we "care" and make sure Facebook hears our tried and true "my thoughts and prayers are blah blah blah" knowing full well they don't pray to begin with. We will try to muster being sad but in reality we will forget about it as soon as something that directly affects us pops up, like the radiator on our work car giving out or some unforseen bill arrives in the mail.

I hate to be this way but I really get sick of all the crocodile tears people let loose as soon as they see the opportunity. If you want to be sad, be sad. If this news affects you then be well but the second you take to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how sad you are then you just were not that shaken to the core as you want everyone to believe are you?
    I'm on the same page w/ Michael. I admit I am not a big Prince fan and if I were, his passing might *slightly* affect me more but not to the degree I've seen some taking it. I don't do social media like facebook but I'm already beaten by it pretty bad.
    Jeff

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I hate to be this way but I really get sick of all the crocodile tears people let loose as soon as they see the opportunity. If you want to be sad, be sad. If this news affects you then be well but the second you take to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how sad you are then you just were not that shaken to the core as you want everyone to believe are you?
    So do you not think that people can be truly saddened by the sudden and unexpected death of someone like him? What about Michael Jackson? What about Bowie?

So you weren't a big fan of Prince. That's ok. That doesn't give you the right to come in here and be a dick about it.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    So do you not think that people can be truly saddened by the sudden and unexpected death of someone like him? What about Michael Jackson? What about Bowie?

So you weren't a big fan of Prince. That's ok. That doesn't give you the right to come in here and be a dick about it.
    Reading comprehension skills Brandon. I never said people couldn't be sad, I said don't make it an excuse to make it all about you. It's just not a "tragedy"

In fact if you really read my post I said if it makes you sad then be sad.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    4115

I hate to be this way...
    Then don't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    Then don't be.
    I'm sorry my personal feelings anger some of you so much. Maybe you are just a little too high strung to believe everyone should be crying crocodile tears online over Prince. Maybe we should ask the doves? Did the doves post on Facebook yet?

AGAIN READING COMPREHENSION. My post was about people who are not sad but want everyone to think they are "suffering" over their loss. "It's all about me"
    Last edited by Michael; 04-25-2016 at 09:49 PM.

My VIN:    4115

I hate to be this way...
    Again, then don't be. If you hate to be this way, change the way you are. Then you won't hate it.

the second you take to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how sad you are then you just were not that shaken to the core as you want everyone to believe are you?
    ...which is exactly what you are doing. Taking to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how much you want them to know that this didn't have any effect on you, and that you wish to presume that people who are posting their personal feelings are shedding "crocodile tears". Because you can read everyone's mind, I suppose.

I'm sorry my personal feelings anger some of you so much.
    No anger. Just pity.

My post was about people who are not sad but want everyone to think they are "suffering" over their loss. "It's all about me"
    Getting back to the "reading everyone's mind" part of my comment above, I am deeply curious to know how you know that people aren't really sad but want others to think they are sad. Have they told you? Have they told someone else who then told you? I'm not even arguing that this might be a real phenomenon; I just need to know how you know for sure.

AGAIN READING COMPREHENSION. "It's all about me"
    Yes. This certainly is all about you.

Aren't human beings social creatures? ie: when they're feeling emotions -- happiness, sadness, fear, anger, etc -- they naturally seek to share those emotions with other human beings.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    Aren't human beings social creatures? ie: when they're feeling emotions -- happiness, sadness, fear, anger, etc -- they naturally seek to share those emotions with other human beings.

Bill Robertson
    My thoughts and prayers are with Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2