FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking For A DeLorean

Looking For A DeLorean

Do any of you have any information on any D's for sale that aren't Shady CL people. Looking for something that isn't a total mess but requires some work. In a budget of 10-15k.

Thanks

Adam

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Woj View Post
    Looking for something that isn't a total mess but requires some work. In a budget of 10-15k.

Thanks

Adam
    10K buys you a total mess, 15K might get you a mess if you are lucky.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You should mention what part of the country you are in, it can help narrow down your search. In the meantime check E-Bay and Craig's List. Sometimes some of the Delorean vendors wind up with cheap specials that they may want to flip quickly with a minimum of work so check with any nearby. Try to buy one that at least starts and moves. That way you have some idea what it needs. If it won't start and drive even a little you have to assume the worst.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I paid 13k for mine...and while it wasnt a total mess, it was a bit of a mess...after about 4k into it, I still need about another 10 to get the car completely sorted.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    You should mention what part of the country you are in, it can help narrow down your search. In the meantime check E-Bay and Craig's List. Sometimes some of the Delorean vendors wind up with cheap specials that they may want to flip quickly with a minimum of work so check with any nearby. Try to buy one that at least starts and moves. That way you have some idea what it needs. If it won't start and drive even a little you have to assume the worst.
    I'm in the Pittsburgh, PA area.

Quote Originally Posted by Woj View Post
    I'm in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
    If you can make it to the Spring Social this weekend there could be one for sale or maybe someone will know about one. In any case you will get to see over 2 dozen of them up close and Rob Grady will be there.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

If you can make it to the Spring Social this weekend there could be one for sale or maybe someone will know about one. In any case you will get to see over 2 dozen of them up close and Rob Grady will be there.
    I tried to sign up for that, but their website won't let you unless you're a DMA member, which I would join, I don't mind... BUT I don't own a Delorean and the website says DMA is an owner's club. (Or am I mistaken? Do you or do you not need a D to join?) The website says the dealership is closed to the public that day, so it's not like I could just show up and chill. Aaaand also I now have to work late and unfortunately wouldn't be able to make it there until after 5pm. What do you guys think? Could I show up for the "supper" and be social at the Morris Tap and Grill? How friendly are you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S View Post
    I tried to sign up for that, but their website won't let you unless you're a DMA member, which I would join, I don't mind... BUT I don't own a Delorean and the website says DMA is an owner's club. (Or am I mistaken? Do you or do you not need a D to join?) The website says the dealership is closed to the public that day, so it's not like I could just show up and chill. Aaaand also I now have to work late and unfortunately wouldn't be able to make it there until after 5pm. What do you guys think? Could I show up for the "supper" and be social at the Morris Tap and Grill? How friendly are you guys?
    Technically everyone is a "new member" at the event since everyone has to renew their membership. You do not have to own a Delorean to be a member. New people are always welcome. You can pay for membership at the event but you need to at least register especially if you are going to have lunch so they know how much food to provide. If you are only coming for dinner that is OK too.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

Technically everyone is a "new member" at the event since everyone has to renew their membership. You do not have to own a Delorean to be a member. New people are always welcome. You can pay for membership at the event but you need to at least register especially if you are going to have lunch so they know how much food to provide. If you are only coming for dinner that is OK too.
    I just made plans to be up there around 6pm. (Gotta work till 3 and it's about 2.5 hours from me... I'm at the whole other end of the state!) Gonna swing in the Morris Tap for some dinner with a friend who lives 2 minutes from there. Will that be cool?

ps. Just paid 2016 dues online. Hope that's good.

pps. Sorry about the hijack Woj!
    Last edited by Parzval; 04-22-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S View Post
    I just made plans to be up there around 6pm. (Gotta work till 3 and it's about 2.5 hours from me... I'm at the whole other end of the state!) Gonna swing in the Morris Tap for some dinner with a friend who lives 2 minutes from there. Will that be cool?

ps. Just paid 2016 dues online. Hope that's good.

pps. Sorry about the hijack Woj!
    I won't see you because I am not doing the dinner but you will have a good time. See you at another event. Glad you can make it even if you will be late.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast