FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Angle Drive Failure - possible causes - bowed springs and being 1.5mm too long

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I am still on my original angle drive with 78KMI. The crappy OE cable going from the dust cap to the drive shredded on me once soon after I got the car. Pissed about it, I jammed an Allen 'T' wrench into the drive and cut the handle off at the proper length. Hammered the cap end of the wrench flat and made a slot in the cap to accept it. There is no more slop, bouncing or issues with that cable being replaced with something solid! It seems to still be pretty accurate although I do have another original angle drive as a spare 'just in case' that day comes soon...
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    6313

This looks suspiciously like the DeLorean stock angle drive

I can across a picture of an Angle Drive for some Triumph cars and noticed that the angle drive looks very similar to the design of the stock DeLorean angle drive (specifically the small screw for lubrication access).

http://www.englishparts.com/products...22/120694.html

Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2