FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rise of the Synths

My VIN:    4115

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Haha yeah, everyone finds it weird that I'm not a BTTF fan, but they usually don't understand when I tell them I'm a synthwave fan.
    Yes! It's not that I'm NOT a BTTF fan, but I'm far more a fan of the whole zeitgeist of the early 80s. The DMC-12 and Synthwave are two things that definitely evoke that spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Good cinematography, but as he was going down that dirt road all I could think of the damage being done to the suspension and body - it's not the BTTF3 DeLorean after all.

Every time I hit a small pothole on the road and hear the car shudder, I cringe.
    Hi, I'm the director of the film. I hear your pain. We got a flat tire during the shooting, twice in fact, we even flat tire the spare wheel. This was probably due to the dirt roads, but after checking with the owner some days later, no damage was done to the suspension and body of the time machine. Beautiful car btw, you can just shoot anything and put this in, it'll look amazing.
    "The Rise of the Synths" - A documentary of synthwave, nostalgia and the universe of creating sounds.
    http://theriseofthesynths.com/crowdfunding

Quote Originally Posted by icp View Post
    Hi, I'm the director of the film. I hear your pain. We got a flat tire during the shooting, twice in fact, we even flat tire the spare wheel. This was probably due to the dirt roads, but after checking with the owner some days later, no damage was done to the suspension and body of the time machine. Beautiful car btw, you can just shoot anything and put this in, it'll look amazing.

My VIN:    6585

As someone who has taken a DeLorean onto gravel and other rough roads more than once, the car will be just fine. Nothing to worry about.

Good luck with the movie, I'd really love to see this!

On a related note:

I had no idea so many others were into Synthwave and 80's synth music. Jan Hammer, Giorgio Moroder, and even later stuff like Fluke, Utah Saints, most everyone from Ministry of Sound, etc.

I know that lots of people are into classic rock, which I love too. But the so much of the 80's music gets ignored like Freestyle, and especially Synth.
    Last edited by DMCVegas; 05-02-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    Yes! It's not that I'm NOT a BTTF fan, but I'm far more a fan of the whole zeitgeist of the early 80s. The DMC-12 and Synthwave are two things that definitely evoke that spirit.
    I got a mondo robocop poster and a patrick nagel print hanging in my apartment. I also had this random piece hanging but it fell down breaking the frame and damaging it.

I frequently joke that synthwave isn't a genre, it's a lifestyle.

My VIN:    4115

I am very glad to hear that the car was not damaged. Thank you for the report. Is the owner someone who contributes to this forum?

I am also looking forward to seeing this film, and am really happy that someone is documenting the rise of this style of music. Also, it's really cool that you found this thread and took the time to comment for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
    I am very glad to hear that the car was not damaged. Thank you for the report. Is the owner someone who contributes to this forum?

I am also looking forward to seeing this film, and am really happy that someone is documenting the rise of this style of music. Also, it's really cool that you found this thread and took the time to comment for us.
    I don't think the owner contributes to this forum. Our CM found this thread and point me to it, and I thought I should report that the car was safe
    "The Rise of the Synths" - A documentary of synthwave, nostalgia and the universe of creating sounds.
    http://theriseofthesynths.com/crowdfunding

I am now a backer

It's a shame the movie didn't get funded.

On another note I bought this album a while back simply because of the cover art. I'm a sucker for synth albums featuring Deloreans, but its quite an excellent album and so is all of his music.

It's back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2