FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: US Sourced AC Idler Bearings

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

US Sourced AC Idler Bearings

Anyone have a lead on these for a crossover part? I last installed some new Chinese ones about 10k miles ago and true to Rob Grady's word, they're starting to go already. The other crossover part numbers I've found online seem to be Chinese/Taiwan only.

Thanks.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Anyone have a lead on these for a crossover part? I last installed some new Chinese ones about 10k miles ago and true to Rob Grady's word, they're starting to go already. The other crossover part numbers I've found online seem to be Chinese/Taiwan only.

Thanks.
    We now sell FAG's for $7.50 ea. Made in Portugal...do Commonwealth's count?
    Rob

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    We now sell FAG's for $7.50 ea. Made in Portugal...do Commonwealth's count?
    Rob
    After consulting with my globe, that would be an area that I could deal with. Sold. My PJ Grady parts order list continues to grow....darn you, Rob.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    After consulting with my globe, that would be an area that I could deal with. Sold. My PJ Grady parts order list continues to grow....darn you, Rob.
    HaHaaaa. Hooked another one!!! Lol!
    Rob

The bearings I just got from Napa say made in Italy on the side. Not sure if that is better or worse.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by m_w View Post
    The bearings I just got from Napa say made in Italy on the side. Not sure if that is better or worse.
    I'd say that's good. Do you have a part number?
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I'd say that's good. Do you have a part number?
    I don't, I can check for the receipt. All I did was take the old/original bearing in. They matched it by the part number on the side of the bearing. I think they were $24 each for the new ones. This was a week ago, so it should be a regular stock item.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by m_w View Post
    I don't, I can check for the receipt. All I did was take the old/original bearing in. They matched it by the part number on the side of the bearing. I think they were $24 each for the new ones. This was a week ago, so it should be a regular stock item.
    Those 2 bearings are (I am guessing from memory here now!) an industry standard 6205 and are readily available from just about any power transmission warehouse. There are variations depending on seals and such but it is a very common bearing. Anybody should be able to match it up. You do have to specify if you want domestic vs import, the difference in price is significant. Quantity also affects the price significantly, buying 1 or 2 can make the cost per piece double or triple, that is why you should be buying from a Delorean vendor, they buy in bigger quantities and can pass some of the savings on. Besides, if you are buying those bearings you also need the "O" ring and probably the 2 belts.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Those 2 bearings are (I am guessing from memory here now!) an industry standard 6205
    6202. I recently bought a set of made in Japan Nachi deep-groove bearings (6202-2NSE) to replace the unknown brand currently installed in my car.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Those 2 bearings are (I am guessing from memory here now!) an industry standard 6205 and are readily available from just about any power transmission warehouse. There are variations depending on seals and such but it is a very common bearing. Anybody should be able to match it up. You do have to specify if you want domestic vs import, the difference in price is significant. Quantity also affects the price significantly, buying 1 or 2 can make the cost per piece double or triple, that is why you should be buying from a Delorean vendor, they buy in bigger quantities and can pass some of the savings on. Besides, if you are buying those bearings you also need the "O" ring and probably the 2 belts.
    The point of the post was where the bearings were made, not who has the cheapest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast