FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DCS 2016 Event Registration is OPEN

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Grenex View Post
    Rich: Realizing time is running out, I went to register along with several of my DMA friends, but there are many questions we have as a group:

1. There is no details on refund or cancellation policy on the site (or a contact name for questions about this and other topics)
    2. There is no detail on the regular vs discounted price for dinner. what am i saving vs paying more later?
    3. No details on who is speaking on any specific night. I would have to invest a decent sum of money for my entire family to attend dinners, but not sure they have interest in some of the topics. I fear not booking a dinner and missing out, but also fear booking a dinner and not being able to cancel later if details don't suit my families interest

Kevin Abato
    Hi Kevin (and others with similar questions or concerns),

Although I have no direct control over what and when things are posted to the DCS website, since I
    just send the text from the DCS Planning Team to the powers that be (and it gets posted, when time)
    I will try to provide you with some details regarding your questions and concerns, as well as relay
    your questions and concerns to the DCS 2016 Planning Team, if they care to comment further.

Please keep in mind DCS 2016 will be the first event for the DeLorean Convention and Show, therefore
    we will have more guidelines than policies for DCS 2016. In general, the guidelines for refunds will
    follow this general pattern: Full Refunds for cancellations up through July 5th, with cancellations
    after July 5th and before July 20th being refunded for all paid dinners, but not event registrations.
    The small cost for event registration is used to cover convention supplies (such as badges, etc.) and
    most of the convention badges will be printed shortly after the July 5th time-frame. If cancellation
    is required after July 20th, a partial refund may be available, on a case by case basis, such as a
    cancellation due to a medical emergency. Refunds will be processed by the DCS Team, as time permits.

As for Regular vs. Discounted pricing for dinners, this is something new for DCS that has been talked
    about for years, but has been rejected in the past. The Discounted dinner pricing was implemented for
    two reasons for DCS 2016: first, event registration was delayed for longer than anticipated, so for
    those who patiently waited (then registered right away after registration opened), were rewarded with
    lower prices, and second, previous DCS attendees asked about discounted pricing for early registration
    and the DCS 2016 Planning Team agreed that early registration should be rewarded with lower pricing.
    Ironically, agreement and implementation of the discounted pricing delayed much of early registration.
    The amount "saved" is based on the amount of dinners selected in your registration. If you did a "Full"
    registration (per adult), you would save about the amount needed to purchase a Raffle Car ticket, which
    the DCS Planning Team hoped you will use to buy more Raffle Car tickets, which in turn, helps fund DCS.

As mentioned several times in the past, DCS 2016 will be different from many DCS events of the past,
    with the primary difference being how most of the speakers will be doing their presentations. Most of
    the VIP Guests will introduce themselves and talk a bit about their involvement with either the DeLorean
    or Back to the Future (at dinners), then do full presentation(s) in the Break-Out Rooms on the following
    days. This way, the captive dinner audience does not need to sit through long presentations they are
    not interested in (and starting their own side conversations, distracting the speakers and other guests).

There will be Featured Guests and Featured Events on each of the evening dinners. As mentioned a few
    months ago, within the General Schedule, Thursday will be more heavily focused on Back to the Future,
    Friday will be more heavily focused on the History of the DeLorean, the man, the company and the car,
    as well as employees who worked for JZD and DeLorean Company, while Saturday will have more focus on
    the Car Show Awards and, a wrap-up and re-cap of the entire DeLorean Convention and Show. Details are
    still being finalized, so a more detailed "dinner schedule" will be adjusted over the next several weeks.

The DCS Planning Team intends to have most of our VIP Guests confirmed by early June, with tentative
    presentation dates and times assigned soon after. However, DCS 2016 reserves the right to change or
    adjust the schedule, based upon VIP Guest cancellations or scheduling conflicts (as it has always been),
    so nothing is "carved in stone" until an actual schedule occurs during the DeLorean Convention and Show.

The DCS Planning Team decided that we will not be making any major DCS announcements during EuroFest,
    so once EuroFest is over, you can expect to see more announcements on recent VIP Guest confirmations.

I hope this answers and addresses the above questions and concerns.

Thanks,
    Rich W. (for the DCS 2016 Planning Team)

My VIN:    4519

The payments for DCS and the raffle are showing up on my card statement as DELOREANMIDWEST.COM....is everyone else experiencing that?

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    The payments for DCS and the raffle are showing up on my card statement as DELOREANMIDWEST.COM....is everyone else experiencing that?
    Since the initial posts regarding this topic were likely made on a 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car thread,
    it's probably best just to re-clarify in this post rather than point to a year old post somewhere.

DeLorean Midwest Connection (www.DeLoreanMidwest.com) is the host DMC Club for DCS 2016.
    In order to host a Raffle, a business entity must be established for several years, thus with the
    creation of DeLorean Convention and Show last year, we needed the DMC Club and its account
    to provide what we needed to help fundraise for DCS 2016.

Please note DeLorean Midwest Connection and www.DeLoreanMidwest.com existed well before
    DMC Midwest (Crystal Lake, IL) and the two should not be confused as the same entity.

However, it may add to the confusion that DMC Midwest has been a big supporter of DCS 2016
    and both the 2015 and 2016 DeLorean Raffle Cars, which the DCS Planning Team is thankful.

Hopefully, this post will clear up a few things for some, as well as confuse things for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    DeLorean Midwest Connection (www.DeLoreanMidwest.com) is the host DMC Club for DCS 2016.
    In order to host a Raffle, a business entity must be established for several years, thus with the
    creation of DeLorean Convention and Show last year, we needed the DMC Club and its account
    to provide what we needed to help fundraise for DCS 2016.

Please note DeLorean Midwest Connection and www.DeLoreanMidwest.com existed well before
    DMC Midwest (Crystal Lake, IL) and the two should not be confused as the same entity.
    Thanks Rich....

DCS 2016 Keynote Speaker -- Dr. Giancarlo Perini (Friday, July 22)

The DCS Planning Team is pleased to announce ...

DCS 2016 Keynote Speaker -- Dr. Giancarlo Perini

Giancarlo Perini has had nearly 50 years experience in the automotive industry. Although his
    resume is quite extensive, we have highlighted only a few of his DeLorean-related credentials.

A few of his DeLorean-related credentials are listed below:

Director Marketing and Communication -- Italdesign Giugiaro 1970 - 1974

Giancarlo joined the company shortly after it was established and worked shoulder to shoulder
    with Maestro Giugiaro. Acted as public relation executive, business promoter, project manager
    (Lotus Esprit), strategic support (show cars and promotion of new projects), inspired concept
    for The New York Taxi project (and successfully created from white page) and managed the
    Industrial Design division, which today is Giugiaro Design. Managed exhibits at several
    different motor shows during his tenure. Created and edited press releases, as needed.

Design Consultant -- DeLorean Motor Company 1974 - 1980

Consultant to John Z. DeLorean on design options. Helped select designer for DeLorean DMC-12
    and supporting research on other projects, including the selection of the factory location.
    Worked on the factory site studies for Puerto Rico (for micro-SUV) and Ireland for the DMC-12.
    Study for the acquisition of Automobili Lamborghini (under Chapter 11 status) in late 1970's.

Note: Giancarlo is fluent in English and Italian (reading, writing and speaking), so he was often
    the primary liaison between JZD and Giugiaro during the early years of the DeLorean project.

Giancarlo has quite a few stories to share with DCS 2016 attendees, so make sure you register
    for the Friday Evening Dinner, for your one-time opportunity to hear Giancarlo Perini's stories.

Dr_G_Perini.jpg

Only 5 weeks left until DCS 2016

DCS Event Registration has 3 weeks of Regular Registration left, before a Late Fee will be applied.

Event Registration is available from the main website: https://www.deloreanconvention.com

Use this direct link to DCS Event Register: https://deloreanconvention.com/index-stripe.php

We are keeping DCS pricing low in hope that attendees will help DCS by buying one or more Raffle Car
    tickets, which funds DCS 2016, and to increase your chances of winning the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car.

www.deloreanraffle.com

We still have more than 1/3 of the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car tickets to sell, so keep on buying them.
    The more Raffle Car tickets that are sold, the more VIP Guests names move from Tentative to Invited.

The Raffle Car funds are being used to pay for both the Convention Center and most of the VIP Guests
    attending DCS 2016. We have lists of tentative/invited VIPs and we announce them as they confirm.

Below is a list of "First Time" DCS VIP Guests that have confirmed through this past week:

- Giancarlo Perini, consultant to JZD in the 1970's, liaison between ItalDesign and DMC corporate

- Stephen Arrington, sole remaining defendant in DeLorean trial, author of "In DeLorean's Shadow"

- Colleen Booth, personal secretary for John Z. DeLorean (DMC years) from mid-70's to early 80's

- Ronnie Arnold, one of the drivers of the 50K Endurance Testing (using pre-production DeLoreans)

- George Levy, auto journalist who attended the DeLorean Junket for the DeLorean's Initial Release

- Michael Scheffe, Construction Coordinator for Back to the Future, Future Consultant for BTTF II

For more details about the convention and the current "First Time" and "Returning" VIP Guest Lists,
    check the DCS event website and DCS social media pages for all the latest updates.

https://www.deloreanconvention.com

https://www.facebook.com/deloreanconventionshow

https://twitter.com/deloreanshow

Thanks

DCS 2016 Planning Team

VIPs Not Attending DCS 2016

With plenty of "scores" for DCS 2016, we have had a few "misses", so I thought I would mention
    a few people who will not be attending DCS 2016 ... and its not due to a lack of trying.

Below is a list of a few of the BTTF VIP Guests that were invited, but do not plan to attend:

Tom L. Wilson - unable to coordinate DCS appearance with his comedy act

After a successful TV skit with the DCS 2015 Raffle Car (in Fall of 2105, at Wrigley Field), we
    thought we had a 'lock' on having Tom appear at DCS 2016 in tandem with him doing his comedy act.
    Discussions with the Springfield area comedy club stalled and we attempted several other creative
    options to try to make this happen, until our options were exhausted. We may see him in the future.

Michael Lantieri - scheduling conflict with a family event

Michael and his wife Mary Anne will not be able to attend DCS 2016, but they look forward to being
    invited to a future DCS Event. Michael won an Academy Award for Special Effects for Jurrasic Park
    and was the Special Effects Supervisor for BTTF II and Mechanical Effects Supervisor for BTTF III.
    Michael's wife Mary Anne was Bob Gale's assistant for both BTTF II and BTTF III.

Maybe an outside chance ... Christopher Lloyd will be in Chicago through July 22

Although we are still holding out hope that Christopher Lloyd will make an appearance at DCS 2016,
    his July schedule is quite busy, with appearances in NY the weekend before DCS 2016 and appearances
    through July 22 in Chicago, so it will be a "wait and see" if Christopher Lloyd will have the desire
    and energy to make the trip from Chicago to Springfield, IL on July 23, to make an appearance at DCS.

We do have a few more surprises that will be announced soon ... more details to follow.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Hey Rich,

I didn't see my name mentioned on the VIP list, but you can consider me "confirmed" to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Hey Rich,

I didn't see my name mentioned on the VIP list, but you can consider me "confirmed" to be there.
    Rich,

You must have missed my last sentence about a few more surprises to be announced soon.

Now that you ruined one of the surprises (lol), at least everyone knows you will be there.

See you in July.

Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Rich,

You must have missed my last sentence about a few more surprises to be announced soon.

Now that you ruined one of the surprises (lol), at least everyone knows you will be there.

See you in July.

Rich W.
    LOL...!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast