FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about replacing fuel lines

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Oh, and one more thing: I was reassembling everything at night with a work light last night. I couldn't get the air filter assemble to seat properly. Come to find out, I had caught something and ended up breaking it off. That's what I get for not being careful and just wanting to get it put back together so I could go to bed. I don't recall what this thing is called and what function it serves. Is it fine to leave it broken like that, or do I need to replace it?
    Attachment 42026
    That is a CO plug tool that you broke free from the rubber. As long as the rubber plug you can see in the picture is still secure then your OK. Don't bother reinserting it in the rubber plug as it will just fall out eventually and could cause some unforeseen issue if it lands in the wrong spot. Murphy's law dictates that it will!
    Rob

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    That is a CO plug tool that you broke free from the rubber. As long as the rubber plug you can see in the picture is still secure then your OK. Don't bother reinserting it in the rubber plug as it will just fall out eventually and could cause some unforeseen issue if it lands in the wrong spot. Murphy's law dictates that it will!
    Rob
    Sounds good. The rubber plug is secure, so I'll move on to the next issue causing me to lose sleep at night: the possibility that not all my new fuel lines are 100% leak free. Any additional tips are appreciated.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2