FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTTF Pinball Mods

My VIN:    05457

BTTF Pinball Mods

I've been working on a few mods to my BTTF machine and thought I'd share them here. Mods include:

1. LED conversion
    2. Undercab lighting
    3. Welly DeLorean toy with custom light up fluxbands, headlights, and interior lights.

On a side note, does anyone know where I could find one of these toppers? I believe they were made for the BTTF slot machines. This would be awesome on the pinball machine.

maxresdefault.jpg
    David Proehl

Nice work! I'd love to have a BTTF machine.

My VIN:    6585

Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    On a side note, does anyone know where I could find one of these toppers? I believe they were made for the BTTF slot machines. This would be awesome on the pinball machine.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Good luck finding one of those. They usually go back with the machines to the warehouse. I have an old, large, Plexiglas Double Diamond sign from a slot row, and the only reason for that is because it was accidentally left with the trash after being damaged. So it got snatched up quickly by someone before it made it's way to me.

Your best bet is to either call around to some slot machine dealers, or try and contact IGT directly.

What makes it more difficult however is that there appear to be at least two separate versions of the BTTF Video Slots. Work began as far back as 2006, and the slot came out in 2009 with those toppers that you're looking for. They didn't stay around for very long though, and I've never even seen one in person. It looks like this (warning, large pictures ahead because these were the only ones I could find):

The later version debuted in 2014, and it's variations include an elongated octogon with a BTTF logo for single machines:

And a large clock tower on top and is encircled by a train for islands.

And this still doesn't account for pachinko machines...
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Good luck finding one of those. They usually go back with the machines to the warehouse.
    Yeah, I figured that was probably the case. I'm also guessing that if I could actually find one it would cost as much as the pinball machine itself. I guess I'll need a different topper idea...
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post

maxresdefault.jpg
    I think I do. Let me go find out for sure and I'll get back to you...

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

That looks great! Love all the mods.

I too have a BTTF machine. I did the LED conversion 2 years ago and man, what a difference it makes. I used superbrights from cointaker; so much better. I didn't use one of the Welly DeLoreans, but I did add one of the DeLorean Christmas ornaments to the right side of the ramp coming toward the player. Nice little touch. I always felt not having a time machine on the playfield caused it to lack something. The welly definitely looks better than mine though, haha. That cabinet lighting looks great too! Overall, 2 thumbs way up!!

With regard to the slot machine topper, I agree I'd love to get one. They're so rare though... I have a Twilight Zone machine too and I know people are always trying to find the toppers from the TZ slot machine for their pinball machines. Last time I saw one for sale (which is very rare) I think it went for around $700-800 or so on ebay. Definitely not an inexpensive mod...

I've experimented with different home brew toppers in the past. I had 2 sunstar models on top at one point. At a different point I had a Mr fusion and a flux capacitor. Right now, I have a pair of the (knockoff) Nike Mag's on top. I'd actually love to make them light up with the machine. Who knows; maybe that will be a project for the future.

Anyway, again; very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I think I do. Let me go find out for sure and I'll get back to you...
    That would be awesome! ...If I can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I've experimented with different home brew toppers in the past. I had 2 sunstar models on top at one point. At a different point I had a Mr fusion and a flux capacitor. Right now, I have a pair of the (knockoff) Nike Mag's on top. I'd actually love to make them light up with the machine. Who knows; maybe that will be a project for the future.
    The shoes are a great idea! I have a modded set of the Halloween Costumes shoes with light up EL Nike logo straps that might work well up there. You have got me thinking!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

Man, I totally want a BTTF pinball... (I have a pinball collection)... but the $4500 they're going for would put a serious dent in my DeLorean fund.
    And I often see them topped with an OUTATIME plate....

topper.jpg

My VIN:    6235

That pinball looks awesome. I have a BTTF pinball but now I see with led lights I feel like I want to upgrade now. What was the cost for the LEDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spedlot View Post
    That pinball looks awesome. I have a BTTF pinball but now I see with led lights I feel like I want to upgrade now. What was the cost for the LEDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are about 180 lights in the machine at about $0.75 per light. Plus trying different colors in different locations to get what looks good to you. I also had to order the back box blinkers separately since I only saw one vendor with them. It adds up. I have been slowly working on this since February to get it where I want it.
    David Proehl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast