FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat covers

My VIN:    3452

Very nice looking.

My VIN:    16409

Lou, do you have any post installation remarks about the seat covers? Did they make the seats any more comfortable? Did LSeat provide hog rings, or did you use zip ties? Did you end up ordering from their website, or through ebay? What's your opinion on how they compare to other options currently available? Thanks, they look very nice.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Seat covers installed

Just got the seats back from the upholstery shop. They turned out great! The guy that worked on them steamed the foam cushions and added a little extra padding in the seat bottoms. He said the back parts were tough with the deep recesses but got them in tight. See for yourself.

Don't know why images are rotated 90. You get the idea.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Looking fabulous, Gary!
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just an fyi, the recesses in the center and the center bottom cushion are supposed to be there. When the car was new, the leather was gathered (wrinkled) in the middle. Over the years the seats dry out and become tight. Check out photo archives or concours cars and you will see what I'm talking about....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Just got the seats back from the upholstery shop. They turned out great! The guy that worked on them steamed the foam cushions and added a little extra padding in the seat bottoms. He said the back parts were tough with the deep recesses but got them in tight. See for yourself.

Don't know why images are rotated 90. You get the idea.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My new seats

The deep recesses I was referring to were the vertical ones. The two long vertical creases. They are hog tied through to the seat-back springs. These seat leathers do not have the crunching leather wrinkles sewed in. Anyway its important to get the covers on tight. My upholstery guy really worked these over to get these looking factory installed. I was concerned at first when I ordered them from an unknown source. But I think they worked out great! If I remember right it was $350 for the covers and it was an even $300 for the install. Not bad for the total cost. Very happy with them.

20161025_183413.jpg

Gary

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    You almost always get what you pay for.

I would expect $700 to get me impeccable quality skins and fit/finish. I'd pay $700 for that kind of quality.
    +1 I would definitely agree with that.

I just had my seats recovered by a trimmer in the UK, he has a stock of NOS material and as such is able to produce covers that look spot on to original.
    A major deciding factor for me was that they look original, I'm not a fan of completely smooth covers, and the ruching on the leather of the DMCH covers in my opinion is over pronounced.

seats.jpg
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post

I just had my seats recovered by a trimmer in the UK, he has a stock of NOS material and as such is able to produce covers that look spot on to original.
    A major deciding factor for me was that they look original, I'm not a fan of completely smooth covers, and the ruching on the leather of the DMCH covers in my opinion is over pronounced.

seats.jpg
    Those are beautiful. Does this trimmer have both grey and black NOS material?
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWard View Post

seats.jpg

Wow! Those look beautiful. How much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking? Did the trimmer both sew and install the covers?
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Not a self styled 'Guru'

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    Those are beautiful. Does this trimmer have both grey and black NOS material?
    Yes he does have both grey and black, however his stock of grey is now extremely low (something which influenced my decision to pull the trigger on a set of these now, while they are still available)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Wow! Those look beautiful. How much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking? Did the trimmer both sew and install the covers?
    Yes he did, I took the seats down to him and he removed the old covers and fitted the new ones for me. Price wise they are more expensive than the DMCH covers, but in my opinion well worth it if you want the OEM look.
    DeLorean Club

The Future's Bright....
    The Future's DeLorean Club

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast