FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Seat covers

My VIN:    03572

Seat covers

Just saw these. Has anyone installed these on a D? Or if a set for another car how was the result?

http://www.lseat.com/products/1981-1...ers-front.html
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Same telephone area code, but not the same number, as LeBaron Bonney, which has been making seat covers for half a century. Might be worth calling them to see.

If these are LeBaron Bonney: I've got LeBaron Bonney seats in all my trucks, the AMC, and the Checker (vinyl). I find their fit to be at least 90% before finagling. Very high quality stitching. Very durable.

LeBaron Bonney does have a history of selling under other brand names, such as AutoCraft Interiors (do not confuse with Advance Auto's house brand).

Bill Robertson

Reverse phone number lookups put L Seat (Beverly MA) about 25 miles down the road from LeBaron Bonney (Amesbury MA).

I'll call them after the holiday.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    754

just saw too.

was thinking about ordering. mostly happy buyers on ebay. less than half price of other guys. with ebay guarantee you can return anything for any reason and get your money back.

There is NO contact information on their web site(s) - except a couple of phone numbers. I wouldn't risk any money on them. The facebook page has a couple of old negative comments, too.

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Strange, I used the contact us link on their website yesterday and got a prompt reply to my question.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

Just got off the phone with LeBaron Bonney. L Seat is not affiliated with them.

While I had LeBaron Bonney on the phone I asked them about DeLorean seat covers. They said they've looked into doing DeLoreans but determined there wasn't a market, plus their fabric inventory is not a good match (LeBaron Bonney specializes in vintage fabric -- very vintage fabric -- and vinyl). They would be more than happy to make a one off fabric or vinyl set, but think you'd be better off at Merry Motors in Salisbury -- that's where they send all their DeLorean requests.

I called Merry Motors (http://www.merrymotors.com/) but got an answering machine. Based on their website I suspect they outsource their seat covers to an independent shop rather than sew them in house.

For $300 somebody may need to just buy a set of L Seat covers and see what they look like. Use a credit card and you can contest the charge if they turn out to be crap. If you're a good customer 99.9% of the time the credit card issuer will come down on your side.

Bill Robertson

If you've got an F150, go with LeBaron Bonney.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Red face

I know you don't like to hear from me Bill, but I may buy a two tone set from them this summer and can post some product info and pics.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    I know you don't like to hear from me Bill, but I may buy a two tone set from them this summer and can post some product info and pics.
    Looking forward to hearing more about these. If I get my car on the road in time for a tech session this year, I might buy a set and con Bill into helping me install them.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast