FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Seat covers

Bring them to a DMA event. We did my seats at a Spring Fling and Louie Jugeau's seats at a Fall Foliage:

LouieSeatCovers1.jpg LouieSeatCovers2.jpg

Make sure your seat rail studs are intact and their nuts turn off OK before leaving the house. There might be access to a welder at Spring Fling, but definitely not at Fall Foliage.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Looking forward to hearing more about these. If I get my car on the road in time for a tech session this year, I might buy a set and con Bill into helping me install them.
    +1

I wonder if the whole cover is leather.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    Early

Saw them on ebay about a week ago. You can even buy these perforated and/or embossed for a rather small up charge.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Merry Motors is a great old school mechanic. One man show hence the reason he doesn't answer the phone all the time. Used him before along with other DMC owners. Don't believe he does any interior work, just mechanical.
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664

Reverse lookup of the L Seat phone number comes back to an (unlisted) land line, so there is some sort of physical presence in Beverly MA.

Google search of upholstery shops in Beverly MA returns dozens of hits. None of them match the phone number on the L Seat website.

Website domain was registered by proxy. Has been in use since 2011.

Bill Robertson

When I called LeBaron Bonney they were already acquainted with DeLorean seat covers (they didn't say "a Delorean -- never been asked that one before"). They also had a ready answer why they didn't do DeLorean seat covers -- they've already explored the possibility, either of their own volition or at someone else's request. At some time one or more owners could have been looking around that part of the world for seat covers (alternatively Houston or Hervery could have made the request -- LeBaron Bonney is well known in the classic car community).

It is entirely possible a local upholstery shop agreed to make a set, then realized a market existed for others, especially if they did some Google searching (if you search "DeLorean seat cover", the first two hits are DMCH and Hervey, followed by forum discussions). Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there is a demand for these things.

2 week lead time certainly seems like a Mom & Pop operation.

Irrespective, until somebody buys a set we won't know if they are any good (we won't even know if L Seat is reputable).

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by content22207_2; 06-01-2016 at 01:24 AM.

My VIN:    4519

I vote for Bill to request free swatches, buy a set, and report back here!

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

If I sell my spare Caddy parts this weekend I will "recycle" my money and volunteer to be the test dummy.

Wife won't be happy but I will take one for the team!
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664

My VIN:    10309

Those are half the price of DMC or Hervey so buyer beware. I hope they are the real deal.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Ras12 View Post
    If I sell my spare Caddy parts this weekend I will "recycle" my money and volunteer to be the test dummy.

Wife won't be happy but I will take one for the team!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast