Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Matt Farrahs Delorean for sale

  1. #31
    Sometimes Owner louielouie2000's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Austin, TX

    Posts:    609

    My VIN:    Previously 10115 & 5252

    Meh, live and let live. We are all attracted to these cars for different reasons, and enjoy them in different ways. Am I surprised this car was turned around and sold so quickly after its purchase and restoration? Not at all. Onwards & upwards, I say.

    Oh, and everyone thinks the generation that succeeds them is a mess. Baby boomers used to be the problem children because of sex, drugs, and rock & roll; then it was Gen X, and now it's us millennials. I'm almost 34, and from what I've seen and read from Matt Farrah, I can't say I can relate to him much other than the fact we've both owned DeLoreans. It's not all dire news for us millennials either, just as it wasn't for the generations who preceded us:

    https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/242155
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/danschaw.../#4107d1586c65
    Louie Golden

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2019

    Posts:    5

    Gotta say I found his article (posted earlier in this thread) quite revealing about his character... all the "I's" and "me's" and the bits you guys mentioned about him essentially bashing guys that enjoying hanging out because their car brings them together.

    Ok Matt, we get it. You're way too cool for us. Good riddance.

    Anybody know who bought his DMC-12?

  3. #33
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,688

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by best_of_the_80s View Post
    Ok Matt, we get it. You're way too cool for us.
    I got the same vibe from his videos. Then I read the article. Seems like he didn't really know what he was in for. When you own a DeLorean, you own a piece of pop culture history. You can roll with it -- or you can be frustrated that, to everyone you meet, your car is now by far the most interesting thing about you, and because you can't get over yourself you have to sell it. Personally, I don't mind stepping away from the car and becoming totally anonymous. But people have different personalities. I guess that's why there are different cars out there...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  4. #34
    Assbassador Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    3,604


  5. #35
    Senior Member Gregadeth's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Los Angeles, CA

    Posts:    357

    My VIN:    6472

    It's funny how these YouTube guys buy a DeLorean and say it's their dream car. Then, within a year, they either sell the car or let it burn in a Rite Aid parking lot.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Location:  San Diego, CA

    Posts:    214

    My VIN:    10353

    I had my delorean at Radwood LA in December and he was there. He walked right by my car, I was hoping he'd stop and say Hi but nah. I was the only delorean there too. Maybe he came by while I was away and I missed him, who knows.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    99

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    It's funny how these YouTube guys buy a DeLorean and say it's their dream car. Then, within a year, they either sell the car or let it burn in a Rite Aid parking lot.
    Ever see a girl and say, "Wow, she's my dream girl"? (or something akin to that?) Only to find out shortly thereafter she wasn't your cup of tea?

    It happens, they call it life.

  8. #38
    Assbassador Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    3,604

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    I had my delorean at Radwood LA in December and he was there. He walked right by my car, I was hoping he'd stop and say Hi but nah. I was the only delorean there too. Maybe he came by while I was away and I missed him, who knows.
    Your car was too shanty for him

  9. #39
    Senior Member Gregadeth's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Los Angeles, CA

    Posts:    357

    My VIN:    6472

    Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post
    Ever see a girl and say, "Wow, she's my dream girl"? (or something akin to that?) Only to find out shortly thereafter she wasn't your cup of tea?

    It happens, they call it life.
    I think you missed the point I was making. If you buy the car and decide it's not for you, that's one thing. I'm talking specifically about the guys with Youtube channels / social media pages who buy their "dream car", shoot a couple of videos with it and then get rid of it.

  10. #40
    DeLorean fanatic (DOCUK) theningiachicken's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jan 2019

    Posts:    3

    Club(s):  

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    I'm talking specifically about the guys with Youtube channels / social media pages who buy their "dream car", shoot a couple of videos with it and then get rid of it.
    not exactly since ive seen 3-4 youtubers that have one or even two and love them and have had them for a few years

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •