FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Farrahs Delorean for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    After
    Are you sure? I don't remember hearing that. But I might have missed it.

That being said he has NOS fuel lines on the car right now.

My VIN:    10625

This is true. I belive it was caused by some electrical wire behind the drivers seat, if I'm not mistaken.. There was not a lot of damage to the car as I think they got it under control before it got too serious. I remember he posted a picture on twiter when his car was picked up by some road side assistance..
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

Watching this auction closely

Having sold my 1981 DMC last year, I am looking to replace it and am watching this auction closely. Mine had many if not all of the same upgrades/updates/Stage II/etc. I hope this thread stays active for the upcoming days with pros & cons discussed. I have watched the restoration videos, etc but want as much disclosure as possible before attempting to make the purchase.

When I bought the '81, I flew into Oregon and drove it home to Mississippi with little problem at all. I would love to fly and drive this one from LA.

If you know something, say something. Thanks, CP

My VIN:    10625

It sure is a nice Delorean. I know a lot of people here dosent like Matt. I can't really judge as I've never met the guy, but that being said he can come off as a jerk and especially after the comment he made on one member's car on youtube. That aside he is selling a very nice and well documented car.

The reason I find this sale interesting is that I have almost an identical car. Mine is 82' (his is a 83) Mine has almost the same story. stored for 25years only had 1882 original miles on it. came with original tires and all. I spent a year searching for it. Ended up buying it, having Danny at DMC do a full restoration to it including eibach suspension, stage 2 upgrade and much more.. Everything besides that down to the ASI radio is original, grey, 5 speed manual. Danny even told me that my car is pretty much exactly like Matt's (not that I ever aimed to copy him for my restoration) I have planned this and saved for this for years.
    So that being said it will be very interesting for me to see what his car sells for. Now I know I'm not a D-list internet celebrity and my car does not have the same PR as his, but still it will be interesting to watch what he will get for it.

Also here's an article I just saw on why he is selling it:

http://www.thedrive.com/vintage/3808...ng-my-delorean
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

He's too afraid to drive it for fear it will get damaged, which is no attitude to have. Also, which specialty car is he choosing to keep and why?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

16046 displayed none of the creaks and rattles I’d felt in other DeLoreans..... It was like driving a brand new one home from the showroom—only this DeLorean actually worked.
    Yeah that's the attitude. Guy thinks his can drive on water and every other DeLorean out there that isn't his sucks wet dog fur. He has to run every other DeLorean down to build his up.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Now you have the chance to own one as what is probably the most well-maintained DeLorean in history, owned by Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire, is now up for auction.
    Being left for dead for 25 years then brought back to life is NOT well maintained
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Getting a ton of free press. Even on MT online.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Being left for dead for 25 years then brought back to life is NOT well maintained
    Have to agree with you lol. Im VERY happy with my car, I am sure his is nice though but even in his videos he comes off as a buthead

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast