FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DCS 2016 Carpool Thread - WI/MN/IL Owners Unite!

My VIN:    6125

DCS 2016 Carpool Thread - WI/MN/IL Owners Unite!

Any fellow Wisconsin / Minnesota / Illinois owners want to try and meet up and carpool down to Springfield?

My tentative plan will be to depart from Stevens Point, WI on Thursday the 21st to make it down to DCS for the 6PM dinner. If anyone else has similar plans driving near my route I'd be willing to take slight detours to meet up with other owners so we could drive down in a group.

Alternatively, I may be departing from the Appleton / Fox cities area if I decide to work a half day that morning.

Possible locations on my route to meet up with other owners include:

Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Madison, WI
    Appleton, WI
    Oshkosh, WI
    Fond Du Lac WI
    Milwaukee, WI
    Janesville, WI
    Beloit, WI
    Rockford, IL
    Bloomington, IL

My route may also converge with those leaving from the Twin Cities area, Eau Claire, La Crosse, Wausau, Green Bay, most of northern WI, and the UP. Map of my planned route is below in blue with alternate route in grey.

If you would like to meet up near or along this route please voice your interest here.
    Last edited by Mark D; 06-07-2016 at 03:19 PM.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    <snip> My tentative plan will be to depart from Stevens Point, WI on Thursday the 21st to make it down to DCS for the 6PM dinner. <snip>
    For those of you planning to arrive "just in time" for some DCS Events, please refer to the DCS Events Schedule
    to make sure you arrive in advance of the deadlines for picking up registration and for parking your DeLorean.

For example, if you plan to arrive on Thursday afternoon in time to attend the dinner, please note Registration and
    badge pickup is open from 8am to 11am then 1pm to 4pm on Thursday. You will need your badge to attend dinner
    and Registration with badge pickup is only open until 4pm. If you are driving your DeLorean and you want to park
    indoors at the PCCC, you need to be in the staging line on East Washington Street no later than 5pm. Entry door is
    only open for a few minutes (at the top of each hour, listed on the schedule) to help keep the air conditioned air in.
    Any late arrivals will need to park in the parking garage (charge) or on the street, if you can find a parking space.

As for the caravan (and carpool?) idea, this is a great way to travel to and from DCS and see DeLoreans on the way.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Note regarding one of the alternate (gray) routes listed on Mark's map above.

I would highly recommend NOT using the I-90 alternate route (Rockford to Chicago), to get to I-55.

I-90 (Tollway) is under re-construction, with potential long delays, with or without lane closures.
    New overpasses being constructed can also cause "all lane shutdowns" at night (to place beams),
    so there really is not any good time to take I-90 this Summer (maybe not until later this Fall).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Note regarding one of the alternate (gray) routes listed on Mark's map above.

I would highly recommend NOT using the I-90 alternate route (Rockford to Chicago), to get to I-55.

I-90 (Tollway) is under re-construction, with potential long delays, with or without lane closures.
    New overpasses being constructed can also cause "all lane shutdowns" at night (to place beams),
    so there really is not any good time to take I-90 this Summer (maybe not until later this Fall).
    Great info to know, thanks for the advance warning. I'm hoping that I don't have to divert that close to Chicago if possible anyway...Staying closer to the I39 path would be ideal (at least for me). If there are any Chicago area people wanting to join the convoy I'm hoping there's somewhere in the middle of the two main paths that we could meet. It'll all depend on who shows interest and where they're coming from.

My VIN:    05457

I am definitely interested in caravanning to DCS, however I was planning to leave Wednesday so I could be there all day Thursday. If others are driving on Wednesday I'm able to caravan!
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    For those of you planning to arrive "just in time" for some DCS Events, please refer to the DCS Events Schedule
    to make sure you arrive in advance of the deadlines for picking up registration and for parking your DeLorean.

For example, if you plan to arrive on Thursday afternoon in time to attend the dinner, please note Registration and
    badge pickup is open from 8am to 11am then 1pm to 4pm on Thursday. You will need your badge to attend dinner
    and Registration with badge pickup is only open until 4pm. If you are driving your DeLorean and you want to park
    indoors at the PCCC, you need to be in the staging line on East Washington Street no later than 5pm. Entry door is
    only open for a few minutes (at the top of each hour, listed on the schedule) to help keep the air conditioned air in.
    Any late arrivals will need to park in the parking garage (charge) or on the street, if you can find a parking space.

As for the caravan (and carpool?) idea, this is a great way to travel to and from DCS and see DeLoreans on the way.
    Thanks again Rich for the very helpful info! Keeping these times in mind will definitely play a role in figuring out a caravan / carpool plan.
    Last edited by Mark D; 06-07-2016 at 04:25 PM.

My VIN:    5180

Mark,

Normally I would join you as it is an easy meet up for me. I will, however, be going down Tuesday or Wednesday. I would like to inform all who are traveling l-39 in IL. I just took the D to Bloomington over the weekend. Generally speaking the road is okay, but there are some nasty random bad sections in the RH lane with sub par repairs. I would suggest favoring the left lane if you have open road and no body running up your butt. Also there is one very bad pothole on the single lane on ramp overpass Southbound that crosses over US 20 south of Rockford. I unfortunately hit it with the left front wheel. I was seriously expecting the LCA to fail from the impact. I'm hoping it didn't bend the rim.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    Between VINs

It's a shame, too. With the budget the way it is they're not designating money for secondary road repair anytime soon. Interstates only. So if counties and municipalities don't repair your local road, don't expect the state to get on it. Bad for D's and motorcycle entusiasts like myself.

My VIN:    5180

I-39 was constructed in the late 70s & early 80s in IL. It's still the original concrete in 95% of that 120 mi stretch. Concrete roadways are generally estimated to have 30-40 year life span before it needs major rehabilitation. Traffic and regional climate influences the lifespan greatly. In contrast asphalt has an average 7 year life span before starts to need repair work.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10722

FYI... Illinois State law prohibits driving in the passing lane unless you are actually passing someone. With that said, I have never ever saw a cop on I-39...

Illinois State law also states we should have a balanced budget each year, but that's more of a guideline rather than a rule.

Safe travel,
    Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast