FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dmc pricing

Smile dmc pricing

Hi everyone its me Mary in Montana and I have been looking to purchase a dmc manual and seriously saved for it for a long time now, here is the dilemma......is 20,000 to 25000 unrealistic to pay for a decently cared for dmc? most I have found is sitting at 32,000 t0 38000 that seems a lot for a driver that still needs some work but I may be wrong. Just looks at a car advertised as "museum purchased" pristine condition, 36,900. when I delved into it I found out the car left the museum sixteen years ago. But seems like it may have also sat a long time after it was purchased and then put back into running condition, new fuel pump etc etc we all know basically what it needed to be sold again. Dr from euragruay looking to purchase it may have beat me to it. Just looking for some feedback as to whats happening with the pricing should I surrender to paying more or wait a while for the hype to slow? This car from pictures I saw did show some surface rust undersude near the frame rear area. Thanks for any feedback . Mary

My VIN:    6472

Smile

You can still get a great DMC for $25000 (from a private party). I don't buy into "the 25k rule is now 35k". Yes it's true a lot more cars are being posted at higher numbers like 35 or 45k, but who's buying? Asking price doesn't matter, it's the selling price - the amount buyers actually pay - that drives the value of a car.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Asking price doesn't matter, it's the selling price - the amount buyers actually pay - that drives the value of a car.
    Do we have a lot of reliable data on this though? I agree that what it sold for is more important, but those figures don't seem to be nearly as straight forward to find as the for sale prices are.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    You can still get a great DMC for $25000 (from a private party). I don't buy into "the 25k rule is now 35k". Yes it's true a lot more cars are being posted at higher numbers like 35 or 45k, but who's buying? Asking price doesn't matter, it's the selling price - the amount buyers actually pay - that drives the value of a car.

Not baiting or trolling, but respectfully: if/when the next time you see a great DMC for $25K, I'll be interested to see it. Matt F's car is what I'd consider "great," and I'm guessing the selling price will be north of $35K.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Not baiting or trolling, but respectfully: if/when the next time you see a great DMC for $25K, I'll be interested to see it. Matt F's car is what I'd consider "great," and I'm guessing the selling price will be north of $35K.
    Agreed, and although Matts car is clean, it is in no way what I would consider excellent. The first thing I noticed was the lower right door is completely flared out and damaged at the base. 52k for that means Ill let mine go for 60k pics available in my profile. Lol.
    Everything I'm seeing for 25 right now, needs what I would consider extensive cosmetic work (and yes, that includes the underside), let alone mechanical.
    Soundkillr was here.

Matt's car sold for 52k(?!)

Holy wow...I wasn't expecting it to go that high.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It did, but I need to edit my initial evaluation of the car. The folded lower door, appears to be an optical illusion, so that may not be damaged. At 52k someone better be able to eat off the bottom of that car....but I'll bet they cant....
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Finding a great DeLorean for a sub-$25K price has gotten more difficult in the past few years, but not impossible.

Best example was Bruce Benson's car that sold about 3 years ago for under $20K (he was asking $19K for it).

The new owner got a screaming deal. Even at $25K today, it would still be a great deal for a great car.

Bruce (delornut) still posts here on the forum. These deals are rare, but still happen occasionally.

My VIN:    03037

Aye my dios...

Mary, mary... best get a delorean before Houston rolls out the 2nd generation dmc-100k
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Finding a great DeLorean for a sub-$25K price has gotten more difficult in the past few years, but not impossible.

Best example was Bruce Benson's car that sold about 3 years ago for under $20K (he was asking $19K for it).

The new owner got a screaming deal.
    That was around the time I was shopping for my first DeLorean, I would love to have found that one!

But.....3 years ago compared to today is pretty significant, what do you think that same car would sell for this week?
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 06-09-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast