FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: dmc pricing

Smile Back in time for a dmc?

Quote Originally Posted by skill View Post
    Aye my dios...

Mary, mary... best get a delorean before Houston rolls out the 2nd generation dmc-100k
    Funny guy!!!!Wish I could afford to just go get it!!!!! Like Doc Brown said damn damn!!!I am not giving up I am going to keep looking. Been looking at private owner ads some owners do tke pretty good care of their dmc but got to look at everything. I would like to see more dmc's kept for posterity and for what the car stood for. I love the car and I can imagine if John had stayed alive and if he could of worked with Harley Earl and even Lee Iacocca can you imagine what we would be driving and we have to throw Mr Richard Sious (charger guy) into that mix. Oh my gosh! My wayne is the last apprentice to work with Harley and dad worked with John D on the gto and on the tempest years ago. I remember living near Pontiac motors how much excitement and how everything grew at POntiac when John D was in gmc styling. Thanks everyone for all your imput. Im not done yet. Mary

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Agreed, and although Matts car is clean, it is in no way what I would consider excellent. The first thing I noticed was the lower right door is completely flared out and damaged at the base. 52k for that means Ill let mine go for 60k pics available in my profile. Lol.
    Everything I'm seeing for 25 right now, needs what I would consider extensive cosmetic work (and yes, that includes the underside), let alone mechanical.
    Yours is by far the nicest delorean i've seen in person.

My VIN:    10309

Just watch the Mecham auctions. Every car that could possibly be a collectible is up in price dramatically. Deloreans are blue chip investments. They are unique, have an interesting history, only stainless steel car made. We've been through this type of economy before. Stocks are a bad investment, real estate has maxed out, interest rates are 0% so investors are dumping their cash into collectible cars. Will the bubble burst? Probably, just like it did ten years ago but it hasn't even gotten close to a peak yet. Don't look back a year from now and wish you had bought.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I've seen some crazy prices too in both directions. I still watch ebay just to see what people are posting them for out of curiosity. Many that i've seen never hit their reserve prices, although they get to what I consider good prices for whats advertised.

On the ebay thing, I bought mine for 13k on ebay...the only reason was because the seller was good about responding to questions and was pretty honest about hos lack of dmc knowledge and that it wasnt running...though thats not always the case.

If you can get a good deal on one thats in decent shape, go for it....I agree that houston producing the replicas will only make the originals jump in value (beyond our fanatical value inflation.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Finding a great DeLorean for a sub-$25K price has gotten more difficult in the past few years, but not impossible.

Best example was Bruce Benson's car that sold about 3 years ago for under $20K (he was asking $19K for it).

The new owner got a screaming deal. Even at $25K today, it would still be a great deal for a great car.

Bruce (delornut) still posts here on the forum. These deals are rare, but still happen occasionally.
    Regarding the sale of my car what I found was that so many potential buyers are fixated on the total mileage. My car had about 100,000 miles on it but they were cruising cross country miles. My car used no oil, didn't leak any and the underside looked like a 20,000 mile car. The interior was like new as well. I only had a couple of bites and ended up selling it to a fellow in Nebraska. The 4,000 mile museum piece may look like the ideal deal but if you can overcome the fixation on miles driven there are some nice cars out there that didn't live in museums or heated long term storage but can still be a great car for a reasonable price.

Bruce

My VIN:    4519

Alex is selling a nice car, let's use that as a barometer to see how long it takes to sell and maybe also get a ballpark selling price.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by delornut View Post
    Regarding the sale of my car what I found was that so many potential buyers are fixated on the total mileage. My car had about 100,000 miles on it but they were cruising cross country miles. My car used no oil, didn't leak any and the underside looked like a 20,000 mile car. The interior was like new as well. I only had a couple of bites and ended up selling it to a fellow in Nebraska. The 4,000 mile museum piece may look like the ideal deal but if you can overcome the fixation on miles driven there are some nice cars out there that didn't live in museums or heated long term storage but can still be a great car for a reasonable price.

Bruce
    Funny story, Bruce... I met the guy who bought your car.

I was showing mine at the All British Field meet in Portland, OR - where I live. Being born and raised in Nebraska I had my Huskers chair set up next to my car. This guy walks up and says, "I'm from Nebraska and I just bought a DeLorean from a guy in Minnesota." We talked for a bit and the coincidences got weird when I find out he's in Oregon for his son's graduation from Architecture school... I'm also an architect. Weird...

BTW - My father-in-law came across the car at a show a couple weekends ago... What's the story with those wheels? The rear looks the same as the front and terribly undersized.
    IMG_1441.jpg

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Funny story, Bruce... I met the guy who bought your car.

I was showing mine at the All British Field meet in Portland, OR - where I live. Being born and raised in Nebraska I had my Huskers chair set up next to my car. This guy walks up and says, "I'm from Nebraska and I just bought a DeLorean from a guy in Minnesota." We talked for a bit and the coincidences got weird when I find out he's in Oregon for his son's graduation from Architecture school... I'm also an architect. Weird...

BTW - My father-in-law came across the car at a show a couple weekends ago... What's the story with those wheels? The rear looks the same as the front and terribly undersized.
    IMG_1441.jpg

Cheers
    Steve
    Great to hear he's enjoying the car. He got a great deal. I gave him a set of excellent original wheels but I see he still has the aftermarket ones on the car. They were are from the car DMC Houston did with the concept interior years back. I had spacers for the rear wheels but the new owner had an issue with them so the rear wheels don't have the proper off set. Fronts are 17" and rears are 18". The camera angle makes it look as through they're smaller.

Bruce
    Last edited by delornut; 06-13-2016 at 01:40 PM.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Technically, the car isn't sold until currency has exchanged hands. I've seen many DeLoreans "sell" for a high price, and then a couple days later they get re-listed again because the car didn't actually sell. Not saying that's what's happening here, it's just too early to tell.

Go and check out the DeLoreans currently for sale on Ebay, and then look at "Completed Listings". Most of these cars have been reposted because they didn't sell the first time around (and in some cases, the second or third time).
    On a BAT auction, before you can bid you have to put down a credit card. When you bid, BAT puts a temporary hold on the card for a few percentage points. If you win the car, the hold becomes an actual charge and is deducted from the final sale as I recall. For example, I bid on a 1958 Alfa Romeo Giulia spider and had $3-4k showing on my bill for a week. I didn't win the car so it was cleared prior to my next statement.

The point is, on BAT auctions, they do this to weed out the d-bags who bid but don't follow through. I think eBay has no significant means like this to hold a bidder accountable, other than negative feedback, unless they've changed their rules recently.

So I would think if someone bid $52k on Matt's DeLorean, the deal will go through unless it was grossly misrepresented buy the seller, which I don't think is the case.
    Jeff

My VIN:    4519

This looks like a nice car, asking price was 31.5K, and it sold in one week:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...ers#post200334

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3