FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Off Topic Carburetion Posts

Off Topic Carburetion Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    But more important to the point here is that Bill has also been passing out bad information that could seriously hurt people. That is not acceptable. If I were to be attacking anything at all, it would be that kind of ignorance. Especially when Bill gets called out, and refuses to ever correct himself.
    If I am going to be accused of putting people in danger and hurting them, examples would definitely be appropriate.

FWIW: To date I have helped 21 owners convert to carburetion. Not a single one of them has been hurt or damaged.

(Farrar's rotor button melted, but I had nothing to do with that. I even posted pics of other melted Bosch rotors -- it's a well known failure point that has nothing to do with carburetion whatsoever).

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    I even posted pics of other melted Bosch rotors -- it's a well known failure point that has nothing to do with carburetion whatsoever
    MeltedRotor1.jpg
    MeltedRotor2.jpg
    MeltedRotor3.jpg
    MeltedRotor4.jpg
    MeltedRotor5.jpg
    MeltedRotor6.jpg
    MeltedRotor7.jpg
    MeltedRotor8.jpg

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Bill has chosen to act as a vender
    Bill has chosen to act as a charity, not a vendor.

Bill Robertson

Essentially Bill operates like an Ebay or Craigslist seller, with the nuanced addition of a shopping service (he buys stuff at Autozone on owners' behalf).

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Great post!
    ...Robert's reply reflects any comments I would make concerning those carbers mentioned ( I assume Bill and "misguided minions"...;-)
    ...and you using "advancement" and carburation in the same sentence.

Advancement is subjective. A product that makes a DeLorean more reliable and more simple is an advancement in my book. While some technical developments have been good ideas, there are many examples of products that were unnecessarily overcomplicated in the interests of weight savings and/or minimal emissions reductions. AFrankly I've always suspected that a lot of new products were merely excuses that engineering departments used to justify their own continued existence...of course I still use a phone with a sliding qwerty keypad from my house with no home internet ;-)