FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Reassembling 4728...need assistance.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Inside the box or underneath it?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Inside the box or underneath it?
    Inside, the part[s] at the top of the passenger kneepad. There's a part bolted to the fiberglass, with the glovebox door "catch" screwed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Here is where Im talking about...one bolt holds the rail of the window thing to the bracket that holds the grab handle.

Attachment 50540

Looks like you have the old one, so it might look a little different there.

Good pic Rob, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Probably not fixable by adjustment. The likely cause is that the carrier bracket has moved so far back on the drop glass that the glass now sits too far forward on the carrier. Either that or the carrier guides have come off one or both of the tracks but in that case the glass usually tips inward and doesn't hit the upper felt track where it should.

First make sure your drop glass is properly on both of the tracks. By looking at both of the guides inside the door.

To check the carrier-to-glass position refer to Post #3 from Dave in this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9909

I eventually re-did both of my drop glass carrier bonds as Dave instructs. The drop glass front-rear position was like new again. Take your time on that job.

I got the glass out, but not really sure that it's not properly aligned in the carrier. An afterthought I had: When I disconnected the regulator I should've moved the window up by hand to see if it behaves differently (I'll try that tomorrow.)

Here are some pics; one shows the alignment mark in the glass looking proper (I think,) but the others seem to show the glass is forward in the carrier (if the black stuff is any indicator.)

IMG_4719.jpgIMG_4707.jpgIMG_4708.jpgIMG_4709.jpgIMG_4712.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I havent actually looked at one out of the car so not sure exactly where it should sit on the carrier.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I got the glass out, but not really sure that it's not properly aligned in the carrier. An afterthought I had: When I disconnected the regulator I should've moved the window up by hand to see if it behaves differently (I'll try that tomorrow.)

Here are some pics; one shows the alignment mark in the glass looking proper (I think,) but the others seem to show the glass is forward in the carrier (if the black stuff is any indicator.)

IMG_4719.jpgIMG_4707.jpgIMG_4708.jpgIMG_4709.jpgIMG_4712.jpg

Anybody familiar with what I got goin' on here?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

That's a taped glass. Pull it apart and re-glue it with the glass centered. Also, if it's an early car check to see if the rear carrier bracket is sprayed black. If not, it needs to be modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    That's a taped glass. Pull it apart and re-glue it with the glass centered. Also, if it's an early car check to see if the rear carrier bracket is sprayed black. If not, it needs to be modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dave! So, it does look like it's forward in the carrier? is that alignment mark not properly lined up?

Rear carrier is sprayed black.

Thanks Dave! So, it does look like it's forward in the carrier? is that alignment mark not properly lined up?

Rear carrier is sprayed black.
    I'm having a hard time seeing the alignment marks in the glass (not sure why) but it looks like it has moved. Is that the front mark way to the left? If so the rear mark is probably hidden.
    Dave S
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I'm having a hard time seeing the alignment marks in the glass (not sure why) but it looks like it has moved. Is that the front mark way to the left? If so the rear mark is probably hidden.

In this pic, I think I see it to the left of the bracket, in line with the crease. I'm taking it apart this AM, then I'll know for sure.

In this pic, I think I see it to the left of the bracket, in line with the crease. I'm taking it apart this AM, then I'll know for sure.
    There are two small dimples in the glass, when correctly lined up one will be about 1/8" to either side of the metal. In your photo it appears 1/4" to the left so the other one is probably behind the tape.
    Dave S
    Greenville SC

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast