Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 170

Thread: Reassembling 4728...need assistance.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,037

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Reassembling 4728...need assistance.

    I didn't get as many pics as I should have [when I took apart my car,] so I'll post here as I need assistance with miscellaneous where/what/how questions....thanks in advance!


    In the pic below:

    -What are these two hoses for, and where do they connect? (One is still connected near the gas filler neck, so I know where that one goes.)
    -Should I replace them?
    -What should I replace them with?


    IMG_1625.jpg
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Feb 2016

    Posts:    943

    Are you talking about hoses attached to the metal lines in the foreground? 3/8" line is brake booster vacuum (plastic tee behind passenger valve cover) and 1/4" line is evaporative emissions (charcoal canister).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,037

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    Are you talking about hoses attached to the metal lines in the foreground? 3/8" line is brake booster vacuum (plastic tee behind passenger valve cover) and 1/4" line is evaporative emissions (charcoal canister).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Yes, the hoses connected to the metal lines, thanks...I think I can probably just clean those, agree?
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  4. #4
    DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Crystal Lake IL

    Posts:    5,021

    My VIN:    05429

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post

    -What are these two hoses for, and where do they connect? (One is still connected near the gas filler neck, so I know where that one goes.)
    -Should I replace them?
    -What should I replace them with?

    ]
    Bill's answer is correct. I have never seen any reason to replace either of them. They never carry liquid.

    If you want to replace them "just because", the evap line needs to be fuel rated. The other one is nothing special but be sure you don't get something soft that will collapse. It's a vacuum line.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    dswingle@DeLorean.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,321

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Hi Rich,

    Here is a pic of where the 3/8 line goes... To the white fitting on the brake booster (behind the BMC reservoir in the pic). I just needed to clean the hoses. I found that Engine cleaner with silicone was great for the job. Of course, YMMV.

    image.jpg

    Cheers,
    Dana

    Delorean status: CECF 2017 Platinum Award winner. Still tinkering...

    Pictures and comments of my restoration journey are in the albums section on my profile.

    .

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,037

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Bill's answer is correct. I have never seen any reason to replace either of them. They never carry liquid.

    If you want to replace them "just because", the evap line needs to be fuel rated. The other one is nothing special but be sure you don't get something soft that will collapse. It's a vacuum line.
    Excellent....thanks!



    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Rich,

    Here is a pic of where the 3/8 line goes... To the white fitting on the brake booster (behind the BMC reservoir in the pic). I just needed to clean the hoses. I found that Engine cleaner with silicone was great for the job. Of course, YMMV.

    image.jpg

    Cheers,

    Cool....thanks for the pic. Do you happen to have others [from either side] similar to that one that shows the routing of hoses & wiring harness?

    I would swear that I took more pics before I disassembled stuff, but it seems I have a lot of very detailed pics....not many of "the big picture."
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  7. #7
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,321

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post

    Cool....thanks for the pic. Do you happen to have others [from either side] similar to that one that shows the routing of hoses & wiring harness?

    I would swear that I took more pics before I disassembled stuff, but it seems I have a lot of very detailed pics....not many of "the big picture."
    Hi Rich,

    Sure, these are ones that I took just now...

    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

    The last one needs to be rotated to the left.

    Let me know if they are what you needed.

    Cheers,
    Dana
    Dana

    Delorean status: CECF 2017 Platinum Award winner. Still tinkering...

    Pictures and comments of my restoration journey are in the albums section on my profile.

    .

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,037

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Rich,

    Sure, these are ones that I took just now...

    The last one needs to be rotated to the left.

    Let me know if they are what you needed.

    Cheers,
    Dana
    Awesome, thanks man!
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

    Posts:    701

    My VIN:    2691

    clean !

    Man, that is the cleanest frame iv'e seen......

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,037

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Man, that is the cleanest frame iv'e seen......
    Roger that!

    Dana's frame is amazing....
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •