Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 170

Thread: Reassembling 4728...need assistance.

  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,056

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    unless its not going all the way up, I'd expect it to be jamming with it that far off.

    Make sure the track is bolted to the grab handle bracket inside the door..it might pushing down a bit if its not.
    Ill take a pic of where I'm talking here in a bit so you can see where I mean.
    Sounds good, thanks.
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  2. #132
    Senior Member Rich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Francisco Bay Area, Calif.

    Posts:    1,425

    My VIN:    0934

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    This is my drivers window in the fully-closed position, can this gap be fixed by adjusting?

    Attachment 50522
    Probably not fixable by adjustment. The likely cause is that the carrier bracket has moved so far back on the drop glass that the glass now sits too far forward on the carrier. Either that or the carrier guides have come off one or both of the tracks but in that case the glass usually tips inward and doesn't hit the upper felt track where it should.

    First make sure your drop glass is properly on both of the tracks. By looking at both of the guides inside the door.

    To check the carrier-to-glass position refer to Post #3 from Dave in this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9909

    I eventually re-did both of my drop glass carrier bonds as Dave instructs. The drop glass front-rear position was like new again. Take your time on that job.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

  3. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,056

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Probably not fixable by adjustment. The likely cause is that the carrier bracket has moved so far back on the drop glass that the glass now sits too far forward on the carrier. Either that or the carrier guides have come off one or both of the tracks but in that case the glass usually tips inward and doesn't hit the upper felt track where it should.

    First make sure your drop glass is properly on both of the tracks. By looking at both of the guides inside the door.

    To check the carrier-to-glass position refer to Post #3 from Dave in this thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9909

    I eventually re-did both of my drop glass carrier bonds as Dave instructs. The drop glass front-rear position was like new again. Take your time on that job.

    Excellent info, thanks Rich.

    I think you called it correctly as the glass being forward in the carrier....makes the most sense.

    I'm now trying to recall the steps I took the last time I removed a drop glass. I hate to add one more thing to the list before the DMA event this month, but this one is pretty important (and the door panels are currently removed.)

    Here's something I fixed recently that I hadn't yet posted:

    IMG_4058.jpg

    I suppose this could've been a contributing factor.
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,665

    My VIN:    4877

    Here is where Im talking about...one bolt holds the rail of the window thing to the bracket that holds the grab handle.

    20170406_230323.jpg

    Looks like you have the old one, so it might look a little different there.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  5. #135
    Senior Member Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Ontario, Canada

    Posts:    3,970

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Here's something I fixed recently that I hadn't yet posted:

    IMG_4058.jpg

    I suppose this could've been a contributing factor.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, but you realize this is your problem with the glass not going all the way up, yes?

    Like I mean if you don't have the window regulator bolted into that bracket correctly, it sits too low and thus the full travel for the drop glass from that lowered starting point means it finishes short.

    Again, don't mean to be an a$$ if you already knew that, just wasn't sure, so thought I'd mention it.
    One damn minute Admiral...


  6. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,056

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, but you realize this is your problem with the glass not going all the way up, yes?

    Like I mean if you don't have the window regulator bolted into that bracket correctly, it sits too low and thus the full travel for the drop glass from that lowered starting point means it finishes short.

    Again, don't mean to be an a$$ if you already knew that, just wasn't sure, so thought I'd mention it.

    LOL....no, not being sarcastic.

    I thought/expected that was the trouble, I bolted the regulator into the bracket a few weeks ago....no change to the window. I'm going to remove the drop glass and determine if it's in the carrier properly.

    Thanks man! :-)
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  7. #137
    Senior Member Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Ontario, Canada

    Posts:    3,970

    My VIN:    3937

    Haha, no worries.

    Here's a pic of mine, the regulator in that bracket anyway. It has the rounded part pretty much centred in the hole.

    I can see how one of the guides not being firmly held could cause it not to go up all the way. I know how hard it was fumbling with my own drop glass sections trying to get them back in the door when I had them out a couple seasons ago. Nice thing about having the interior panels off is you can operate the windows while seeing the mechanism and perhaps notice where the issue is.

    IMG_4649.jpg
    One damn minute Admiral...


  8. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,056

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Haha, no worries.

    Here's a pic of mine, the regulator in that bracket anyway. It has the rounded part pretty much centred in the hole.

    I can see how one of the guides not being firmly held could cause it not to go up all the way. I know how hard it was fumbling with my own drop glass sections trying to get them back in the door when I had them out a couple seasons ago. Nice thing about having the interior panels off is you can operate the windows while seeing the mechanism and perhaps notice where the issue is.

    IMG_4649.jpg

    I see you're missing at least one screw on yours....possibly it's a common issue.

    Here's mine after I fixed it:

    IMG_4277.jpg


    My window goes up all the way to the top, just has a gap at the rear. I'll probably have it out today and will post pics. Hopefully an easy fix!
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

  9. #139
    Senior Member Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Ontario, Canada

    Posts:    3,970

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I see you're missing at least one screw on yours....possibly it's a common issue.
    Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place.



    lol. Let us know how it goes when you get looking into it.
    One damn minute Admiral...


  10. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,056

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Would someone please post pics that show the assembly of the glovebox catch? I think there's two pieces that screw together and bolt to the glovebox frame....I'm not sure how those pieces go together (the part that the lid catches on.)
    Thanks!
    VIN 4728 is on the road...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •