FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Reassembling 4728...need assistance.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks guys!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4519

Next question:

How/where is the preferred method of securing the A/C hoses along the frame....just zip-ties?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Next question:

How/where is the preferred method of securing the A/C hoses along the frame....just zip-ties?
    I'd say likely yes, but have a question for the group with that in mind...

Has anyone been concerned about the sharp side of a zip tie cutting into a hose? Maybe the smaller/thinner zip ties seem to have sharper edges, and specifically ones I used on the auto-bleeder hose going from the bleed nipple near the water pump to the valve at the coolant tank. Maybe hoses in the engine vibrate more than along the frame, but it felt like when I installed it, it was going to be prone to get cut into. Thoughts? Solutions?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Yeah, the zip ties are what I replaced that were on the car. The pictures I attached show the placement and color if it matters. I wouldn't be concerned about them cutting in to the hose unless they were too tight or placed in an area where the hose needs to move.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

A list of questions:

In this pic, there's [what looks like] a drain. The circled part has a short length hose on it. I'm wondering what the proper location for the hose is: on top of the hard lines, to the outside of the hard lines, or to the inside of the hard lines?

IMG_1632_a.jpg

This part was adhered to the underbody with yellowish silicone (the remains are still on the underbody.) Is the silicone necessary, or only for assembly at the factory? Can/should I put some silicone caulk on it?

IMG_1634.jpg

I need to get a few clips. The clip for the heater core pipes is SP10381, but I haven't found the part# for this one:

IMG_1636.jpg

I'm always hesitant to get any plastic or rubber NOS parts, anybody here have feedback on these parts, or suggestions for new replacements?

I got the number for the clip: SP10392.

Still looking for help with the other stuff....

My VIN:    6125

I think the first hose is the drain line for the A/C evaporator? I have not yet had to tear into mine but I think that's the line where the condensation drains out.

The body mount reinforcement plates were glued on at the factory so I'm guessing re-gluing it wouldn't hurt since it might reduce your chance for any squeaks and rattles. Structurally I don't think the glue did anything but hold the plate in place so when they were lowering the bodies on they didn't have to try and slip the plates in there at the same time.

My VIN:    6125

Next question:

I zip tied mine so they wouldn't rub on anything and wear through. After my refurb I took my car into DMCMW for an inspection and he recommended checking all of of the fuel tank closing plate bolts to make sure the threaded ends of the bolt were sticking up past the end of the nut welded to the frame. Those would wear through an A/C hose pretty quick. I had a couple that had threads poking past so I either installed a shorter bolt or added an extra washer below the bolt head.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I'm always hesitant to get any plastic or rubber NOS parts, anybody here have feedback on these parts, or suggestions for new replacements?
    I got the number for the clip: SP10392.

Still looking for help with the other stuff....
    I replaced a lot of those clips and such when I did my body/frame separation. If I recall correctly, everything seemed to be new rather than NOS. I could be wrong, it just seemed like all the plastic was a lot more fresh than 35+ years. I'm sure injection molding these little bits by the thousands is not too expensive so it wouldn't surprise me if they've been re-manufactured. When I did my ground effects I had to buy a bunch of the plastic clips that go in the rocker panels. Without a doubt, those were all brand new.

I bought everything through DMCMW.

I'm re-installing the driver's side A/C hose & clutch line. What keeps those in place?

I can see they get "zip-tied" together, but is there anything they get tied to?

I got a bunch of heater pipe clips & replaced a few....the passenger side is a no-brainer, but not recalling what held the driver's side stuff in place.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast