FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Reassembling 4728...need assistance.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Duct tape (c'mon, yall wanted to say it......)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I'm re-installing the driver's side A/C hose & clutch line. What keeps those in place?

I can see they get "zip-tied" together, but is there anything they get tied to?

I got a bunch of heater pipe clips & replaced a few....the passenger side is a no-brainer, but not recalling what held the driver's side stuff in place.
    Hi Rich,

If I recall correctly, the AC hose was fastened to the frame with zip ties / tie straps that had a plastic barb in them to go in a hole in the frame. (SP10382?). I didn't remove the AC hose, but when I installed the SS clutch line, I zip tied it to the AC hose ( snug, but not tight). I also ensured neither hose was in striking distance of the closing plate bolt ends.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4519

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Rich,

Sure, these are ones that I took just now...

Attachment 43600 Attachment 43601 Attachment 43602 Attachment 43606 Attachment 43603 Attachment 43604 Attachment 43605

The last one needs to be rotated to the left.

Let me know if they are what you needed.

Cheers,
    Dana
    Dana, can I trouble you for a few more pics?

I'm looking for a view from inside of each front wheel well so I can see everything from the FFE to the radiator, and also the lower speedo cable routing.

I know I took pics of all this stuff, but having a helluva time finding my own pics -lol

Thanks!

*Edit...I just found which folder had the pics I was looking for, but still interested in the pics mentioned above if it's convenient.
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 11-06-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Thanks Dana!

I'm still wondering; where/how is the lower speedo cable routed? I can see it's to the rear of the suspension, but how is the "slack" routed? Or, do you not have a big loop to deal with on your car?

I think I have too much length (story of my life.) If I keep it all to the rear of the suspension, I have a very big loop. IIRC, 10372's lower cable was routed around toward the front of the suspension.

Dude, your car is always amazing to look at...the view never gets old.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Not sure if it was correct, but my speedo cable was attached (loosely) to some thing on the wheel hub to support it, then was just hanging from there.
    Looking at the parts page on dmc's store, there is supposed to be a bracket on some cars to hold it.

I can try to get some pics later but my wheel isnt off, so hard to get up under there.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Not sure if it was correct, but my speedo cable was attached (loosely) to some thing on the wheel hub to support it, then was just hanging from there.
    Looking at the parts page on dmc's store, there is supposed to be a bracket on some cars to hold it.

I can try to get some pics later but my wheel isnt off, so hard to get up under there.
    My caliper has the bracket:

IMG_2796.jpg

But the lower cable is so long, I have a bigass loopty-loop if I don't route it around toward the front (as seen in the pic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Thanks Dana!

I'm still wondering; where/how is the lower speedo cable routed? I can see it's to the rear of the suspension, but how is the "slack" routed? Or, do you not have a big loop to deal with on your car?

I think I have too much length (story of my life.) If I keep it all to the rear of the suspension, I have a very big loop. IIRC, 10372's lower cable was routed around toward the front of the suspension.

Dude, your car is always amazing to look at...the view never gets old.
    You're welcome Rich. My cable has a big loop from where it exits out the body to the knuckle. It's not overly long. I try not to restrict the gentle loop. There is a metal bracket available to support the cable ( 110528 ) at the knuckle end, but I believe it was vin specific. My vin has a plastic clip SP10396 that I haven't installed yet as it won't clip around my cable. I have a black zip tie that takes it's place for now. I think it's important to use 110528 or something similar to support the cable at that end.

Thanks for the compliment on the car!

Edit: I see from the picture posted that you have the SP10396 clip.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 11-07-2016 at 10:58 PM.
    Dana

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Replacement lower speedo cables are much shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast