FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ooops

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Dyno :-)

The engine is modified to a stage III with:

Don's Crazy Cams and Hervey's Headers, magnaflow exhausts, modified intakes and exhaust ports.

Here is a write-up of the original modifications (http://www.projectvixen.com/dmcnews-.../msg79587.html). I had some additional work done when we redid the heads and ports. Added new exhausts and other small things.
    Not to stray too far off topic...

The Stage 3 is supercharged. Performance cams, free flowing exhaust and head work sounds much closer to a Stage 2 (or DPI/DMC-CA cams and exhaust), which usually make around 125hp to the wheels in my experience. I'm curious how you reached the 239hp number.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

Time รท Space = Traveling without moving Dutch's Avatar

My VIN:    1729

Club(s):   (DCF)

Dave, indeed it doesn't have the valve. While filling I watched carefully not to overfill according to the bottle gauge. However it still popped.

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I recall this happened once before from another poster where they swapped the high/low sides to the compressor. But instead of blowing up the evaporator, the system functioned like a heat pump. Nice warm air into the cabin and a very cold condenser. I guess he got lucky!

I completely replaced my system about 5-6 years ago. Running solid ever since (not even a recharge required). Not bad for the first ever AC system I ever touched.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    His VIN is early enough that it may be missing the high pressure switch and blow-off valve (I'm not sure of the exact cut-off, but low VIN cars are missing both safety devices.) And, those are on the high side, so if he over-pressured the low side quickly they may not have helped.
    That was my first thought. Even with the safeguards, they're really only there to help the high side. If you over pressure the low side, there's nothing to save you.

Major bummer man; hope you can find all the parts you need easy enough. Also a word of advice, buy a good replacement evaporator. I bought one from SpecialTAuto years ago, and not even 3 years later I had to replace it again because the core started leaking at one of the welded seams. The replacement came from DMCMW and has been working great ever since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2