FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: If your RPMs drop slowly or you have high idle, check your throttle cable!

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If your RPMs drop slowly or you have high idle, check your throttle cable!

Tonight Emma (#2072) was acting very strange on the drive home. It was like the throttle was sticking. At first I thought it was the spring that returns the throttle cable to idle, as it's done this before and messing with that fixed it (or so I thought).

I limped her into Freeside and let it cool down so I could check things out. When I came back, I pushed down on the throttle with my hand and heard an odd 'crunch' sound. I looked up and saw that my throttle cable was down to one or two strands, and the rest had broken off inside the sheath. This was causing the throttle to stick / not release properly.

Fortunately, I have a second delorean I can use for parts….. I pulled #2930's throttle cable and installed it in 2072. Things are looking better now, though it still could use some adjustment. I think I put too much tension on it, as it's idling a tad high. Either way, check your throttle cable! Make sure it's not frayed. If this thing breaks or sticks, you'd be in a lot of trouble!

--buddy

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Sounds like you caught it just in time
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Also, everyone should have an extra delorean to pull parts from in a time of need…..

Dermot, it was interesting trying to limp home with my throttle stuck in to the point that I'd hit around 4k rpms if I was in neutral….but we made it.

--buddy