FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weather stripping install

My VIN:    4626

Weather stripping install

I have got the headliner in on my Delorean and wondering where to start installing the new weatherstrip from DMC. One side of the new weatherstrip has a ribbed pattern? Is that the inside or the outside of the strip. Also, the new strip is not a continuous loop. One end has an adaptor to plug it in to the other. Where should these come together on the car?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

no I prove my fiance I haven't got to that point yet but I think the no I prove my fiance no I prove my fiance ribbed pattern goes on the inside no I prove my fiance in the adapter would go at the bottom in the center.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I asked this very question a while ago and the response was outwards or away from the door. I am not using the DMCH seal but I'm sure it's all relative.
    -----Dan B.

Also any car I've come across has the ends meet at the bottom of the door opening. My old one had black RTV silicone applied where they joined.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I asked this very question a while ago and the response was outwards or away from the door. I am not using the DMCH seal but I'm sure it's all relative.
    Is there some special trick to getting the seal on? On the front a pillar it seems impossible to get it pressed on. Will it need any special glue to hold it at the bottom? It does not stay after I push it on.

There isn't any special trick, basically you're just pushing the seal on. It sounds like you may not be engaging the fiberglass lip all the way into the seal. Start at the bottom of the door and make sure you're pressing it on hard enough that you can actually see the lip go into the U shaped channel at the end of the seal. Sometimes you might have to push the U channel closed a little more as they may have opened up. I know that the stock design had little red/orange clips that aided in holding the carpet leather around the fiberglass lip and also seemed to hold the seal on tighter but I did not use those with the seal I got. Do not use glue or similar adhesive or you'll have one hell of a mess to clean up should you ever need to remove the seal in the future.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    4665

Had my inner door seals replaced over the winter by DMCMW. The ends of the seal on both doors where parallel to the door switches...not at the bottom of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Had my inner door seals replaced over the winter by DMCMW. The ends of the seal on both doors where parallel to the door switches...not at the bottom of the door.
    Thank you! I just talked with DMC Cali and they sent me pictures of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    no I prove my fiance I haven't got to that point yet but I think the no I prove my fiance no I prove my fiance ribbed pattern goes on the inside no I prove my fiance in the adapter would go at the bottom in the center.

Not sure what happened in your reply. I think I got the gist of it though. Thank you

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I think my voice to text got screwed up. Sorry

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast