FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DMC Midwest praise

My VIN:    16882.

DMC Midwest praise

I have heard over and over during my two years of ownership that Dave and Julie at Midwest are simple the best. Never heard anything negative at all. And I experienced firsthand today how helpful they are. I was in a true emergency situation, and I first called "expert Vendor A" who sorta kinda answered my question before telling me he didn't have time to verify anything he told me as being accurate. I then called "primary parts supplier Vendor B" who gave me the same ole response as I always get "I don't know." I swear everyone I call this vendor, I get "I don't know." Do you have this part? "I don't know." How much is this other part? "I don't know, do you have a part number?" (I'm sure my descriptions are enough for all owners to know exactly who I called. ) But then I called Midwest and Julie and crew handled everything in a professional manner. I was able to drive home because of their help. I would not have been able to get home had they not had the decency to listen and answer. Now I know why so many of you get all your parts from Midwest - they'll certainly have a large portion of my business going forward. I am sure all the vendors are great resources in their own way and I'll continue to utilize them all from time to time, but I just wanted to thank all the owners who have educated me on the nuances of each vendor, and especially for telling me about DMC Midwest. They really came to the rescue today, from thousands of miles away! Thank you Julie!
    (If I posted this comment in the wrong thread thank you admin. for moving to the correct thread.)
    Last edited by Hokie; 06-09-2015 at 06:52 PM.

My VIN:    Midproduction

I completely agree. I got mine through them almost eight months ago, and I wouldn’t be able to drive or enjoy my Delorean as much as I do were it not for their relentless help and guidance. I’m nowhere near the level of expertise most folks on this Forum have on the car, but again, Dave, Julee, and Mike have always supported me with peerless knowledge and patience. I wanted to jump on this public love-fest just to say thanks!

-Rafael

My VIN:    05457

I called them from the side of the road with fuel issues 5 years ago, and they talked me through a work around over the phone that got me home. Top notch service and their parts always work.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    4870

Just a great team over there. Never had an issue (although I did get a broken multi-function switch from them so I just swapped parts over and job done) with calling or talking to Dave or Julie. Just seem like good people. I call them first for everything!
    Vin# 4870 - Rebuilt PRV motor - custom seats - fuzzy dash and stock everything else

-Chris

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Same here. After 10 years as a D owner I have "touched" them all.

Dave and Julee are customer-minded, quick, affordable (where else can you get a bucket full of parts plated for next to nothing?), knowledgeable (I see Dave on the forum all the time, sharing his knowledge) and do it with a smile (it's a joy to speak to Julee) - every time.

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Agreed. I havent needed many parts since I finished my resto, but they have always been an amazing help.

Makes me want to sell my car and buy another project. Does that make me crazy?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I don't think that it is right that you passively slam vendors in this post. They obviously read what you are writing and you are already hiding behind a keyboard so you might as well do it right. Your descriptions are far from clear and many people could misread and think the wrong place. If you are going to go to the trouble of slamming people who I"m sure will never help you again finish the job. Makes myself and others who were not called over sheared off studs by a random exotic car shop victim to the random vendor A/B attack. Either do it right or just sing the praises of who helped you.

For example sake:

"Grady said he was too busy to deal with this and Houston needed me to walk them through the ordering process holding their hand"
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3028

I'll have to agree on DMCMW. When I bought my car 4 years ago in New Jersey, I wanted to send it to be repaired before importing it to Canada. At that time I only knew about a vendor in the New York area. So I called him up and told him my predicament, he just blew me off and said he was to busy. He didn't even suggest I drop it off and he would look at it later. Now he might have been having a bad day, and I hear he is a nice guy, but he failed me and it has ended up costing me time and money.

When I got my car home the doors were stuck shut. Thankfully I stumbled upon Julee and Dave. Dave talked me through it, and other repairs over the years. Now my car is on its way for a complete restoration at their shop. With me I'm loyal. If somebody is fair and nice I will use them even if they are further. You can't put a price on dealing with someone you trust.
    Barry

My VIN:    3937

Oh, c'mon, they aren't that great. It's not like they open up their home for a place to sleep and provide breakfast in the morning to someone they've never met before while said person is trekking across the country to start life in a new province. Oh, wait a minute... ya, they do that too.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    16882.

DMC Midwest praise

Originally posted by Johnathan:
    "Oh, c'mon, they aren't that great. It's not like they open up their home for a place to sleep and provide breakfast in the morning to someone they've never met before while said person is trekking across the country to start life in a new province. Oh, wait a minute... ya, they do that too. "

What a great story! I think it's neat that we are sharing many of these stories in print that we already tell each other on a regular basis. Lord knows I've heard enough of the nightmare stories - both word of mouth and in print - good to see that the uplifting ones are being shared as well.
    Last edited by Hokie; 06-11-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast