FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: EZ Oil Change Valve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

EZ Oil Change Valve

Anyone tried this: http://www.ezoilchangevalve.com/delorean.html

I had a boat where there was a drain hose attached to the oil pan instead of the traditional plug. Since changing oil in a lot of I/O boats is such a PITA ( You have to stand on your head just to get the oil filter off) the drain hOse, with the plug in the hose end, was a delight. A similar setup for the D with about 12" of hose and a good gasket on the pan might be the cat's meow. Searching I found the above link. Not exactly a hose solution but it look convenient. It takes two operations to release the valve so it won't accidentally open. But is there sufficient clearance ( with or without sagging engine mounts)?
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Anyone tried this: http://www.ezoilchangevalve.com/delorean.html

I had a boat where there was a drain hose attached to the oil pan instead of the traditional plug. Since changing oil in a lot of I/O boats is such a PITA ( You have to stand on your head just to get the oil filter off) the drain hOse, with the plug in the hose end, was a delight. A similar setup for the D with about 12" of hose and a good gasket on the pan might be the cat's meow. Searching I found the above link. Not exactly a hose solution but it look convenient. It takes two operations to release the valve so it won't accidentally open. But is there sufficient clearance ( with or without sagging engine mounts)?
    I bought one from Toby about a year ago and I have done 3 oil changes with that ez valve. So much easier, faster, and less messy with that valve. Recommend buying it from Toby since he will answer any of questions related to installation. Here are some photos. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...il-Drain-Valve

Thanks. I just changed the oil and even with the crush washer in place it is leaking. THis looks like a better alternative. Plus easier to change the oil.
    Nick

My VIN:    10201

I finally used mine for the first time after installing it. It seems to drain slower than without it but it is definitely easier and less messy. Don't bother with the hose adapters since they will not fit. While properly installed the valve should be above frame protecting it from road hazards.

Somewhere I saw a hose with a hole cut in the side large enough to slip over the valve. The fit was such that it staid on by itself throughout the draining process. This acts as a diverter to direct the oil down the hose to the collection tub rather than getting on the frame as the OEM design was prone to.
    Nick

My VIN:    10353

Changed the oil in mine yesterday, used some painter's tape and put some newspaper along the frame and down into my collection pan. Not a single drop was lost!