FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Sequencer

Delorean Sequencer

The Company I work with, (AutoTrix.net) was approached by a DeLorean owner inquiring about a sequencer system. The system I have come up with, per his request, sequences four lights, excluding the backup, has three red marker lights and three brake lights. There are some modifications I have to make to the tail light circuit board and also use a LED flasher to make it work. My problem is I don't own a DeLorean and would like to find someone in the Tulsa, OK area that does own a DeLorean and would like to work with me for an installation and test. If anyone is interested you can leave a message on this board or email me at [email protected]. I'm going to try to post a video of the system, don't know if it will work. I'll have to reshoot the video in another format. Attach later.

Delorean Sequencer

You can see the video on youtube. Just search 'Delorean Sequencer'.

My VIN:    2347

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcSxZ2nPA-s

I would be interested in buying one. I've always wanted something like this.
    Last edited by davidc89; 06-27-2016 at 09:11 AM.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

DeLorean Sequencer

Once the R&D phase is over the tail light sequencer will be offered on the AutoTrix.net website. They have been selling the Mustang sequencer for several years.
    By the way, Thank You for setting up the YouTube link! I tried several times and could not get the syntax correct. DS

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

I was sitting behind a Mustang the other day and thought why can't my DeLorean do that? I'd be interested.

I've also been toying with the idea of changing to LED's

I have an original circuit board would this require a new board or modifications to the existing one?
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

You can keep the stock boards. The only thing to change would be the flasher unit if you're going to use LEDs for the signals. I am very satisfied with all of the exterior lights being LED.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    6654

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    You can keep the stock boards. The only thing to change would be the flasher unit if you're going to use LEDs for the signals. I am very satisfied with all of the exterior lights being LED.
    I understand for the LED's I can keep the current board. I was wondering about the sequencer. Will that need a new board or do you have to rewire the one you have?

I'm thinking each light will need wired into a relay to allow them to blink one after another. Or am I totally off base here.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Delorean Sequencer

Your existing circuit boards will have to be modified, which will be included in the price. I take out the three middle sockets and replace them with 1157 sockets so your marker lights and brake lights are the same. I can kit this for incandescent or LED but the incandescent have to have a heavier gauge wire. No matter what, the tail light circuit boards will have to be modified. These are controlled by a small pic on the control circuit board. Using MOSFET's not relays.
    Last edited by DeepSpace Cowboy; 06-27-2016 at 01:23 PM.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Sorry Lenny, I misunderstood what was being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I understand for the LED's I can keep the current board. I was wondering about the sequencer. Will that need a new board or do you have to rewire the one you have?

I'm thinking each light will need wired into a relay to allow them to blink one after another. Or am I totally off base here.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    2347

Can you post on here when these will be available? I will most likely forget to continually check the website.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast