FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Delorean Sequencer

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSpace Cowboy View Post
    Of course it's not something for mass production.
    Dunno -- somebody with 3D printing skills might be able to scan your prototype and crank them out. Highly reflective finish would be difficult to duplicate with paint, but traditional silvers or perhaps even white might work. Definitely worth experimenting if you can get your hands on some copies. Parabolic shape is spot on.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    Dunno -- somebody with 3D printing skills might be able to scan your prototype and crank them out. Highly reflective finish would be difficult to duplicate with paint, but traditional silvers or perhaps even white might work. Definitely worth experimenting if you can get your hands on some copies. Parabolic shape is spot on.

Bill Robertson
    The 3D printer is a great idea! You could get exact fit duplicates and I would think there would be a method to silver the inside. My headlight that I used was plastic.

Installation Dwg

AutoTrix.net will not be offering the Delorean Sequencer for sale on their website for now. Since they would have to have tail light circuit boards manufactured to make it a true plug n play system they don't think the market is large enough to support the initial production costs. I may sell control boards, installation instructions, and a parts list with vendor names for individuals that want to install them on their own. The cost will probably be $75 for each control pcb. These will come with plug wires and the circuit which is sealed in thermally conductive epoxy. I have not yet installed and tested these for any length of time to date so any sales will be pending on future testing. Here's a copy of an initial installation and some of the parts needed to complete. I'll post any updates in the future here. DSAttachment 45954Attachment 45953Attachment 45952

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I'm a bit late to the party here, but after reading back through the entire thread something stands out that I am curious about. Why is everyone concerned about standby current? Does this module require a Live at all times "memory" standby current? As I see it, the turn signals don't work unless the the key is ON anyway. A small number of cars have LIVE brake lights but MOST were configured so the key has to be ON for the brake lights to work. Why wouldn't a Key Switchable 12V source work just fine and therefore no need to worry about standby current battery drain?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party here, but after reading back through the entire thread something stands out that I am curious about. Why is everyone concerned about standby current? Does this module require a Live at all times "memory" standby current? As I see it, the turn signals don't work unless the the key is ON anyway. A small number of cars have LIVE brake lights but MOST were configured so the key has to be ON for the brake lights to work. Why wouldn't a Key Switchable 12V source work just fine and therefore no need to worry about standby current battery drain?
    To answer your second question, no. Once the chip is programmed it will retain it's program regardless of power on or off. From what I can gather, the people that are concerned with the power drain don't think it's a good idea to add any additional drain on the battery. I've been informed that the radio and door locks are a small battery drain while the car is turned off. This was why I added the two relays in the power circuit so the current draw from the modules would be zero when the car is off. DS

To answer your second question, no. Once the chip is programmed it will retain it's program regardless of power on or off. From what I can gather, the people that are concerned with the power drain don't think it's a good idea to add any additional drain on the battery. I've been informed that the radio and door locks are a small battery drain while the car is turned off. This was why I added the two relays in the power circuit so the current draw from the modules would be zero when the car is off. DS
    Would a fused Key switchable FEED circuit work so that you don't need the relays?

Standby current draws are a concern when the car is not used frequently (driven at least once a week) they will drain the battery in 2-3 wks time if you don't use a battery disconnect switch.

The manual transmission Deloreans have an unused key switched fuse #13 (10 amp) live feed available at the RED bulkhead connector in the engine compartment. Technically, all that would be needed is to to add the opposite side wire with terminal to the mating connector. Automatic transmission cars use this feed source for the transmission governor. It would not be available to those owners unless you could tap the wire assuming very low current draw requirements.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-05-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Would a fused Key switchable FEED circuit work so that you don't need the relays?

Standby current draws are a concern when the car is not used frequently (driven at least once a week) they will drain the battery in 2-3 wks time if you don't use a battery disconnect switch.

The manual transmission Deloreans have an unused key switched fuse #13 (10 amp) live feed available at the RED bulkhead connector in the engine compartment. Technically, all that would be needed is to to add the opposite side wire with terminal to the mating connector. Automatic transmission cars use this feed source for the transmission governor. It would not be available to those owners unless you could tap the wire assuming very low current draw requirements.
    That would work , (fuse #13), only if you used LED lamps in the tail lights because the incandescent lamps will exceed 10 amps under certain conditions. After completing my circuit design I hooked up two Delorean tail light circuit boards and ran current tests using both incandescents and LED to compare the current draw during operation. Attached is the results of my tests. DSAttachment 46149

That would work , (fuse #13), only if you used LED lamps in the tail lights because the incandescent lamps will exceed 10 amps under certain conditions. After completing my circuit design I hooked up two Delorean tail light circuit boards and ran current tests using both incandescents and LED to compare the current draw during operation. Attached is the results of my tests. DSAttachment 46149
    I forgot you were feeding power to the bright side of the 1157 type bulbs/LEDS. would it have to support 8 bulbs if the Hazards are ON? I was thinking the illumination power came from the Signal indicator. I get it now, the signal just operates the sequencer function. Btw, I like your ingenious use a trailer connector. Were you thinking of of tying back up light into the turn sequence? I would think that should remain stock.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-05-2016 at 05:45 PM.
    DENNIS

I forgot you were feeding power to the bright side of the 1157 type bulbs/LEDS. would it have to support 8 bulbs if the Hazards are ON? I was thinking the illumination power came from the Signal indicator. I get it now, the signal just operates the sequencer function. Btw, I like your ingenious use a trailer connector. Were you thinking of of tying back up light into the turn sequence? I would think that should remain stock.
    (Sorry for the late answer, I've been out trying to clean up my garage)
    First, it does illuminate all 8 bulbs when the hazards are on but they sequence out on each side so all 8 bulbs are only on briefly. Yes, I only use the existing circuit (plug) to signal my processor, that's why I have a separate power circuit. Also, the back up light is not controlled or connected at all to my circuit. The trailer connectors are a lot cheaper than the alternative and will still do a good job staying dry. DS

Installation dog Rev 2

Here is my original Drawing for installation of the sequencer module with all connections made to the tail light circuit board.Attachment 46151

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast