FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Sequencer

Delorean Sequencer

Once these become available, I'll definately post it here.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I Like this setup.
    My first car was a 1970 T-Bird that had sequencing turn signals and I loved them. (Because very few vehicles have them).

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Can you give us an idea of a cost. I don't mean exact but 200, 500, 800 etc
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Delorean Sequencer

Right now we're figuring in the $200 range for both sides. As I said earlier, your tail light circuit boards will have to be modified by us. Right now I'm using plugs on the control board but am thinking about just a direct wiring. I really need to find a DeLorean owner willing to test out this configuration. I need to take some measurements behind the tail lights and look at where I can hook up a 12v relay for power when the ignition is turned on. Delorean has a unique system for running their tail lights and I've had to adapt to their system. It's been fun for me and I've always loved the Delorean.

My VIN:    2347

I would be willing to help out. However, I don't live very close to your location.
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

Attachment 44096Thanks, I appreciate that. It's a long way up there from here!

On another note...Anyone looking at switching to LED's needs to go to the 'West Coast Classic Cougars' web site and look at the comparison video they made for incandescent versus LED. Very interesting.

Delorean Sequencer

Here's a sneak preview of the installation for the sequencers. This will probably scare off most people. Once I get some measurement and find out where I can make the power hookups I can give a little more detail.

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

How much standby current do these PCBs use? If it's low enough, it would be much easier to just bypass the relay and hazard switch setup and wire them to constant 12v. Otherwise to get to the hazard switch output, a wire will need to be run from the rear fascia all the way to the center console. The switch wiring isn't easy to access either. Looking at the wiring circuit, the easiest place to get a signal would be the light green/pink wire at the flasher relay near the steering column.

Regardless, accessing an accessory or constant 12v power will require running wiring from the rear fascia to the engine bulkhead connector. Not complex, but if you can make it just a single constant 12v wire, that will make it much easier to install.

I have not measured the standby current, but I will. I'm guessing it would be in the milliamp range or maybe less. I'll measure it when I get home later tonight and answer back. It will probably be late though.

Thank You for letting me know about this! Without having a car to look at and understand it's hard to make the right decisions. It would be easy to drop the switch and relay altogether. I welcome feedback from everyone! It will only help to get this on the market sooner.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast