FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Front bumper pics needed!

My VIN:    2543

Quote Originally Posted by krs09 View Post
    ...So I pulled the sides in close but then the center of the bumper was pressed against the hood so it made a popping sound everytime I opened the hood.
    I recently put mine back on after a repaint too. I just made sure the two ends touched up against the fender then screwed in the 7(?) screws across the top under the hood lip. I was lucky it fit nice. Seems as though your fascia doesn't have enough arc to it or the hood has too much since the ends are gapped nicely then touches in the center. Maybe take out the center screws under the hood lip and pull the center of the fascia out a tiny bit and tighten the screws back up? Give it more curve. I know its not real flexing in that regard but mayyyyybe?

Mine: IMG_0384.jpg IMG_0383.jpg

PS I found to get iPhone pics to show correct when uploaded, hold the phone landscape-wise with the volume buttons down and use the volume buttons to take the pic.
    Last edited by BigBenb84; 08-02-2016 at 06:29 PM.
    Ben B. | VIN 2543 | 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

If it's rubbing the hood in the center, your hood is too far forward. Loosen the hood hinge bolts and move it back some. The front edge of the hood should not line up with the edge of the fenders.

My VIN:    4870

Quote Originally Posted by BigBenb84 View Post
    I recently put mine back on after a repaint too. I just made sure the two ends touched up against the fender then screwed in the 7(?) screws across the top under the hood lip. I was lucky it fit nice. Seems as though your fascia doesn't have enough arc to it or the hood has too much since the ends are gapped nicely then touches in the center. Maybe take out the center screws under the hood lip and pull the center of the fascia out a tiny bit and tighten the screws back up? Give it more curve. I know its not real flexing in that regard but mayyyyybe?

Mine: IMG_0384.jpg IMG_0383.jpg

PS I found to get iPhone pics to show correct when uploaded, hold the phone landscape-wise with the volume buttons down and use the volume buttons to take the pic.

Yeah, that fit looks great. Very jealous... I tried everything. I first reintalled the hood, first centering from side to side then I adjusted the hood all the way back (to the windshield) until I just cleared the wiper arm. Once I had the hood on I then put the bumper on. I did push in both sides as far as it could go, the driver side was nearly flush but the passenger side fiberglass reinforcement was hitting the washers under the passenger side fender preventing me to get it flush. So after I had it set as close as I could i snugged up the two bolts behind the outer headlights and loosely screwed the other screws in. After closing the hood that's when I heard the popping. I pulled the bumper forward as much as it would go without compromising the ends and used large washers under the 5 screws in the reinforcement to get it down. After all the shit I think the fenders have to be rolled forward just a tad. Shitty. ... those little gaps drive me nuts
    Vin# 4870 - Rebuilt PRV motor - custom seats - fuzzy dash and stock everything else

-Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3