FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Front bumper pics needed!

My VIN:    4870

It's back

So I finally got my bumper back from the paint shop and it looks great! I was worried if they were going to be able to match the old color but I looks spot on, although the bumpers were repainted at some point I decided to match that color. The black looks great too. I'm just relieved. So after all said and done, with the stripping,sanding,paint,clearcoat,satin overlay,delivery,tax with a lifetime guarentee it came to $425. Now I have to get the rear done (in worse shape than the front) in the very near future. I'll put up better pics in the daylight when it's installed but here are a few I snapped real quick.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Vin# 4870 - Rebuilt PRV motor - custom seats - fuzzy dash and stock everything else

-Chris

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by krs09 View Post
    So I finally got my bumper back from the paint shop and it looks great! I was worried if they were going to be able to match the old color but I looks spot on, although the bumpers were repainted at some point I decided to match that color. The black looks great too. I'm just relieved. So after all said and done, with the stripping,sanding,paint,clearcoat,satin overlay,delivery,tax with a lifetime guarentee it came to $425.
    Looks nice, what instructions did you initially give them? Did you provide the paint codes?

My VIN:    3294

Depending on the shop & the paint brands they use, the $500-$1000 range is what could be expected for BOTH bumpers, strip, sand, & paint.
    Yep. I just had mine redone about a month ago. Had front and rear done for $800.00 for both.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Looks nice, what instructions did you initially give them? Did you provide the paint codes?
    I basically just gave them my bumper (I took it off the car) and asked them to just strip it and redo it. They got the paint company to come by to match the paint and provide the "new" paint code, I believe they used a camera to match the color .. I think. Although they had to overlay the black on top of the gray paint for the middle and bottom sections. I really wanted the bottom to be bare sanded urathane like the factory scheme (I think). They did give me a guarantee to cover chipping on the black sections.to
    Vin# 4870 - Rebuilt PRV motor - custom seats - fuzzy dash and stock everything else

-Chris

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by BigBenb84 View Post
    $200 per bumper is what I was charged.
    Well I sure am jealous.

Also, does anyone have a dark gray fascia? I'm debating whether I should eventually paint both like my rims, which are Porsche Panamera gray.
    Last edited by 81dmc; 07-20-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Well I sure am jealous.

Also, does anyone have a dark gray fascia? I'm debating whether I should eventually paint both like my rims, which are Porsche Panamera gray.
    A pic of said rims would be awesome...
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    <2000

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Well I sure am jealous.

Hi Rodolfo,

I have dark gray fascias and wheels. I had my fascias repainted last fall with the correct paint code from DMC. Here are pics if it helps:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    A pic of said rims would be awesome...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

^
    hiX84mb.jpg

They're so....beautiful!!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Done

I finally got the bumper on. Fitment was a bitch. I always had a gap on either side of the bumper which I was hoping to fix but when you move one thing you mess up everything else. So I pulled the sides in close but then the center of the bumper was pressed against the hood so it made a popping sound everytime I opened the hood. So after the constant corrections, compromises and hours of cursing and sweating its on. I am a little bit of a perfectionist so it kills me that's it not perfect but it is way better. It could be straighter and fitted better but the color looks good and everything mostly lines up. I am pleased. Finally got to drive it after a 2 month ordeal. Annnnd now my pics are sideways.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

-Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast